LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Lambretta World Rally

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Lambretta World Rally

Postby soulster22 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Good afternoon all,

now that Tino Sacchi has confirmed a date for the World Rally which is to be held in Monza just outside Milan in Italy I wondered if the LCGB will be organising a trip to this.

This is to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Lambretta although I am aware that this falls 2 weeks before the Adria Eurolambretta event which is a shame as a week later and it would have been ideal.

Please let me know if this is going to form part of next years events so that we can plan things ahead for next year.

regards Harry (Soulster22)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
soulster22

Re: Lambretta World Rally

Postby bolzenanker » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Mmmmm, now I have to choose, can't do both, unless the World Rally is on the Wednesday/Thursday before the Euro, now that would be cool.
bolzenanker

Postby CambTim » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:54 pm

This will be the Lambretta Club Lombardia's (Milan) supported event to celebrate 70 years of Lambrettas from Milan.
Loads of things are planned including a big picture in fron of factory gates, riding around Monza track, which is both local and where SX200 launched.
The will be a list of hotels etc made public shortly.
It is important to note this is 2 weeks before the Euro Lambretta, we hope you can do both.
The Italian post office is in discussion and plans also to make a special collection of stamps in presentation pack/ first day cover event also commemorating 70 years.
This will be a non profit event and put on by Lambretisti for Lambretisti.
The ticket price has been suggested to be circa 60 euros and the will be a commemorative goody bag for pre booked.
We hope to see you there!
CambTim

Postby xenia1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Mmm.. i was told the dates for this around a month ago but this is if it actually goes ahead, Tino himself baulked at the cost of hiring Monza at Euro germany this year. As for the use of the track that will never happen, far too much red tape rules and regs at Monza let alone insurance problems to contend with. Even if it did go ahead its certainly been planned to split attendance at two events in Italy being the main EuroLambretta event being so close together on dates. Theres very few that could attend both, far too time consuming and costly spread out over a month taking into account the travelling times for some. The politics on this one have gone awry as Tino knows full well the Euros survive (for want of a better word) on the numbers the British contingent bring and seems yet another attempt to derail the Euro event. The lcgb doesnt need to support this one imo..
xenia1

Postby Mel K » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:36 am

I'd say as the LCGB are so heavily involved with EuroLambretta and always have been, coupled with the fact that this is the first real mention of this event on this forum or anywhere else LCGB related , the answer would be no .
Mel K

Postby NorthernJordan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:36 am

I will be supporting the euro Lambretta.

Seems a shame that there is so much Italian Lambretta politics going on and people can't just pull together and put on one fantastic rally to celebrate 70 years of the Lambretta.
NorthernJordan

Postby Solid Air » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:06 pm

NorthernJordan wrote:I will be supporting the euro Lambretta.

Seems a shame that there is so much Italian Lambretta politics going on and people can't just pull together and put on one fantastic rally to celebrate 70 years of the Lambretta.

Agree with you on that Jordan, all being well Adria will be the one for me.
Solid Air

Postby xenia1 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:39 pm

NorthernJordan wrote:I will be supporting the euro Lambretta.

Spot on.
This is either another non event news story like the supposed cancellation of the Adria event circa september or if indeed it is actually going ahead either way a blatant attempt of disrupting the Euro organising something like this 2 weeks before hand, why not later or earlier in the year. Its not aimed at trying to get folk to do the two events as thats totally impractical for most, its on the lines of competition trying to undermine.. :?
xenia1

Postby CambTim » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:12 pm

I live near Tino in Milan and speak to him very often!
Tino wishes to make it clear he is not the instigator of the Monza event, he does however agree with the event. He is NOT part of the comity or president of any club, just a member.
Tino has being going to every Jamboree since the 1st in Strassbourg which he organised 27 years ago in 1989. At the time Tino was the president of the Lamboretta Italy. It was a huge success and bringing together like minded enthusiasts from all over Europe. The was No politics or commercial interest.
It is also interesting he has attended EVERY Jamboree in Europe and even some in USA.
Lambretta Club Lombardia(Milan home of Lambretta) has no financial problems and had originally agreed to make Jamboree at Monza, but other people had other ideas.
This event at Monza is supported by Locals, local clubs, and Milan itself.
The will be representatives from the Innocenti family at the event and a speed restricted ride around the track is confirmed, plus a big picture in front of the gates of the factory of all who come....
Tinos involvement is minimal and he is just supporting the event which is in no way commercial.
At 69 years old Tino has been a Lambretista since he was 16 when he had a model C, and to quote him "I'm not interested in F---ing politics"
It is however important for Tino that all feel welcome in Italy and have the best time possible. Many remember what a fiasco the last Italian rally was! Also,anyone needing assistance on their way to Adia is welcome to call, we will assist!
Monza will not be a Lambretta club membership event and will be open to all enthusiasts regardless where or how far they come. Already I know of people coming from USA, Canade and Australia. The will be shortly a pre booking e mail and information e mail address available shortly.
Finally Tinos says his reputation is of paramount importance to him and believes it best to make everything clear, He supports anything that contributes to ensure fun and the future enjoyment of this shared hobby of ours Lambrettas.
If you do not agree with this event it is simple don't come!
CambTim

Postby xenia1 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:14 pm

No need for an autobiography for Mr Tino Saachi, i also know Tino well and no doubt so do many thousands of others, we also know full well the events hes attended and also his works promoting new parts, however all this has absolutely no bearing on his part in organising an event to somehow rival that of EuroLambretta. How exactly have all these from around the world confirmed their attendance when this has clearly only just been announced?? Also, why organise another event so close to the Euro date? The dates for this have obviously been chosen very carefully in the hope that Adria will be snubbed in favour of an event at Monza, two weeks after the Euro and most travelled to Italy would have long gone home. As for hoping for members to attend both events, theres very few im guessing would be able to attend both what with the cost of accomodation between and during events which will work out quite considerable considering this event at Milan has no premise as such. World Lambretta would have had far more credibility organised August/September, instead its (as ive previously mentioned) blatantly and very obviously intended to cause disruption to EuroLambretta by attempting to bait but although very see through has been worded in innocence ie 'all welcome in Italy' and' help getting to Adria ect'...what help exactly would that entail? :roll:
What youre spouting here CambTim is BS just like the cancellation of Adria you joyously reported a couple of months back.
xenia1

Postby northernbloke » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:25 am

The date of this event has been chosen for one reason and one reason only, to try and cause disruption of the LCI organised event.
The sensible and less controversial approach would have been to have held it the week before Euro so that it might have been possible to do both.
I Hooe lcgb will continue to show full support for the LCI euro lambretta event
northernbloke

Postby CambTim » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:53 am

Tino wishes me to respond.
Monza was agreed as place for Jamboree 2 years before.
Lambretta Club Lombardia was approved and complimented by president of Lambretta Club Italy.
The decision to change the natural place for the event was made later as officially it was was thought to be too expensive at face value. Lambretta Club Lombardia decided to go ahead with its previous plan as initially promised to all as they believe Monza a more natural site for an event. Camping, food, location and hotels proximity to factory etc.
The cost of ticket will be low and all economics of the event will be made public to show this is a non profit event.
Finally from me, what I reported about Adria was on TV news and papers here in Italy.
I simply shared some troubling information.
We live in a free world and freedom of thought and speech are our privileges.
I do accept the date being close is controversial, and yes one week before or after Adria would have been preferable.
CambTim

Postby NorthernJordan » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 am

Do you/Tino/Lambretta CLub of Lombardia plan on attending the Euro Lambretta?
NorthernJordan

Postby xenia1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:32 pm

CambTim wrote:Tino wishes me to respond.
Monza was agreed as place for Jamboree 2 years before.
Lambretta Club Lombardia was approved and complimented by president of Lambretta Club Italy.
The decision to change the natural place for the event was made later as officially it was was thought to be too expensive at face value. Lambretta Club Lombardia decided to go ahead with its previous plan as initially promised to all as they believe Monza a more natural site for an event. Camping, food, location and hotels proximity to factory etc.
The cost of ticket will be low and all economics of the event will be made public to show this is a non profit event.
Finally from me, what I reported about Adria was on TV news and papers here in Italy.
I simply shared some troubling information.
We live in a free world and freedom of thought and speech are our privileges.
I do accept the date being close is controversial, and yes one week before or after Adria would have been preferable.

This is unreal! 'Lambretta Club Lombardia decided to go ahead with its previous plan', this is NOT an additional event but an alternative one as ive previously mentioned. Trying to put this on another Italian club is just plain ridiculous, Mr Tino Saachi is at the very forefront of this (and this is not heresay its fact!) The impact on buisness has been taken into consideration here as you CambTim know full well, sidelining the organiser is just a cover up.
What makes Monza a 'more natural site' exactly??
The EuroLambretta events are put on at great expense and take at least a years worth of planning by many clubs and trying to spoil it by poaching and baiting by waving the Monza carrot is just way out of order!
If you accept the dates are controversial why put another event on at all when club Italia has finalised the Euro being at Adria? This has been very precisely planned with a large enough gap between events in an attempt to make people have to choose which event to attend knowing full well staying out in Italy for the duration of the Euro as well is for most anyway totally impractical. ' One week before or after Adria would have been preferable', you assume the populace are that naive :roll: ? Careful planning is what has taken place here.
As for the cancellation of Adria coming from the press, where exactly did they get their info from i wonder..i happen to know full well where it came from...
xenia1

Postby MickYork » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:17 pm

I don't understand why people are getting so worked up in Italian politics :roll:

There are obviously "problems" with various factions in Italy and both sides are holding events, to which we have been invited......sounds fair enough to me, go to whichever one you want.....or both.

Maybe leave the squabbling to the Italians, we usually do ok for squabbles on this site without having to look to Europe for reasons :mrgreen:
MickYork

Postby Scooterlam » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm

It is what it is,
With a bit of clever planning and a couple of cheap flights
It has the potential to work out very well.
Scooterlam

Postby xenia1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:17 pm

MickYork wrote:I don't understand why people are getting so worked up in Italian politics :roll:

There are obviously "problems" with various factions in Italy and both sides are holding events, to which we have been invited......sounds fair enough to me, go to whichever one you want.....or both.

Maybe leave the squabbling to the Italians, we usually do ok for squabbles on this site without having to look to Europe for reasons :mrgreen:

Its not sqabbling Mick, the Euro is a very big part in the calender with a large British contingent and being passionate about EuroLambretta i think its well worth defending and dont like to see the event undermined as this event survives on the large following from the UK . This is more than an 'invite', the dates have been carefully chosen with a view to bait but done and worded in such a way as to portray innocence but the whole debacle is being sold as an alternative Euro. The supposed cancellation of Adria in September was well planned to involve the press to put doubt in lcgb (and other euro clubs) members minds in a bid to get the event venue changed, it was down to lies and deceit which personally i feel was totally wrong.
xenia1

Postby CambTim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:13 am

What is a fact is that Tino has absolutely no involvement with the Monza event.
Adolfo Dartagnian, the president of Club Lombardia wishes to make it clear that this is first a non commercial event and no one will be profiting from it. This is why he does not want Tino or Anybody else who might have commercial interest involved with the organisination.
Also a fact is that Adria has been investigated by authorities after an accident when 3 boys were injured spectating. This dug up that Adria was not paying their taxes and more. The were attachments on several sites backing this up at the time.
I hear Adria has done a lot since and Chritiano, president of Club Modena, was telling me at Imola this year how poor it was, is now saying that after revisiting it how much better it is!
No one has to do or go anywhere, as I said before it is a free world still I think?
This summer should be a great one and is sure to be one to be remembered.
So I hope all enjoy it wherever you go and ride safe.
CambTim

Postby xenia1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:43 am

CambTim wrote:What is a fact is that Tino has absolutely no involvement with the Monza event.
Adolfo Dartagnian, the president of Club Lombardia wishes to make it clear that this is first a non commercial event and no one will be profiting from it. This is why he does not want Tino or Anybody else who might have commercial interest involved with the organisination.
Also a fact is that Adria has been investigated by authorities after an accident when 3 boys were injured spectating. This dug up that Adria was not paying their taxes and more. The were attachments on several sites backing this up at the time.
I hear Adria has done a lot since and Chritiano, president of Club Modena, was telling me at Imola this year how poor it was, is now saying that after revisiting it how much better it is!
No one has to do or go anywhere, as I said before it is a free world still I think?
This summer should be a great one and is sure to be one to be remembered.
So I hope all enjoy it wherever you go and ride safe.

This is all just so wrong on so many Levels CambTim and you know it.Maybe there is no profiteering involved but thats not the point. The points made and the questions asked you have made no effort to even answer! Although i never thought this event would go ahead my source of info through both Italian and Spanish sources is extremely reliable and your attempts to wash over the whole thing will not work, at least not with me anyway!
The planning of world lambretta has been done in a very cunning and deceitful way to deliberately disrupt events in Adria and includes statements given to the press by pro organisers yourself inc. Very very poor show :roll:
Certainly NOT for me to tell anyone where to go, thats up to Lambretta club members wherever they are in Europe, just a real shame its come down to this, supposed Lambretta enthusiasts...
xenia1

Postby Jim Rose » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:36 am

I've not booked any travel arrangements of paid for any hotels yet for the Euro so with luck and a ever patient wife I may be able to do both! It will be a shame if I have to spend a week plus with nothing to do in Italy but ride my scooter and eat pasta; god life is cruel.
Jim Rose

Next

Return to International Rallies & Events