LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

France new emission rules

Promote Rallies from around the world.

France new emission rules

Postby claretandblue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:12 pm

I read this morning of tough new emission rules being applied in Paris from Feb onwards as part of a roll out that started in 2015. Depending on how much s**t your vehicle puts out you will have to display a correctly coded sticker on your car/motorcycle etc. Failure to do so results in a hefty fine. Although not planning to ride or drive to Paris itself this year, this scheme is likely, apparently to be eventually rolled out nationally from this point on.
As usual with the endless rules the French keep coming up with, I am finding definitive information as it applies to us, hard to find and want to know if, as I suspect, our old two strokes are adversely affected and how much so. I know this is new but anyone travelling via or to France this year will need to know which way is up on this matter. There are different grades of stickers required for Euro 2, 3 and 4 machines but I cannot find anything on older scooters and the like. Presumably they fall in with the dirty diesel category and may be denied access to city centres etc. There are also other issues with partial bans and odd day entry allowances within this piece of nightmare ruling to get your head around.
Perhaps I worry too much but if anyone can shed any light on this especially if you live in France, I'll be grateful.
claretandblue

Re: France new emission rules

Postby Ranburetta » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Those in and around London have Khan's extended ULEZ to look forward to which seems likely to cover either the area inside the North and South Circular Roads or all of Greater London about which he has been 'consulting'. The ULEZ under Boris was to have been the same as the current Congestion Zone and one of the exemptions was 'historic vehicles', presumably those in the Historic Vehicle taxation class, which may be the saving grace if or more likely when the zone is extended.
Ranburetta

Postby claretandblue » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:55 am

A link that helps explain some of this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... l?ITO=1490
claretandblue

Postby xenia1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:14 pm

I think you'll find it wont apply to vehicles registered before 1970, thats how i read it when it was proposed a few months back. Re Euro emissions, Euro 1 was rolled out in 92 so will have no relevence to anything made before that..
xenia1

Postby bike grim » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I think Paris excludes the older vehicles (pre 92?) between 8am to 8pm
bike grim

Postby Fast n Furious » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:30 pm

It looks like all pre 97 vehicles are effectively banned between 8am to 8pm in a number of French cities.
Presumably then...... It is ok to pollute as much as you like with yer dirty noisy filthy 2 stroke, just so long as it's a 21st century model with a sticker then eh?
Presumably.... It doesn't matter that yer 21st century vehicle with 200,000+Km on the clock which hasn't had it oil changed in the last 30,000 kilometers is compliant..... cos its got a sticker.
What percentage of vehicles traveling through Paris are pre 97 anyway? What difference therefore will this legislation actually make to the Parisien environment? Bugger all.
The people making the stickers must be laughing all the way to the bank. I wonder if the shareholders of this company have any connection with environmental legislation? Hmmm.
It's France...... who gives a damm anyway. It would only concern me if the Dutch and Germans decided to follow suit.
Imagine the ruckus if they tried that here.
and folk wonder why we are Brexiting! (Long sigh)
Last edited by Fast n Furious on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fast n Furious

Postby Sticky » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:33 am

Postby claretandblue » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 am

Thanks for the replies. I'll continue to keep my eye on this issue methinks.
claretandblue

Postby Mr G in NYC » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:07 am

Simples ....just avoid all big cities and motorways and tootle through
the countryside ......Oh wait ....Thats what we do anyway to the Euro's :D
G.
Mr G in NYC

Postby xenia1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:47 am

Navigating through Paris for a euro novice isnt for the feint hearted anyway, traversing the Boulevard Periphique isnt something i'd recommend either for anyone not used to euro roads. Paris is easily avoided whichever northern routes youre coming from..
xenia1

Postby northernbloke » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:31 am

Was planning on a night in Paris on the way home from adria. We did it coming home from avignan and had a hoot riding round the city on lambies, snotting down the champs de elsee with a noisy pm pipe got lots of attention from other drivers, all positive. Looks like that fun has gone, nah just go out in the evening :evil:
northernbloke

Return to International Rallies & Events