LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Club Lombardi Monza 2017 Rally

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Club Lombardi Monza 2017 Rally

Postby Jim Rose » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:42 pm

My Italian trip was planned around two Rallies the Euro on which my views have been well aired and the Club Lombardi Rally at Monza.

I had a two day journey to cover the 600 + miles and the second day was pouring with rain. The gods were on our side because as I arrived the sun came out and the weather was glorious for the weekend. There is no such thing as a perfect rally but at this one I had a great time with existing friends and making new ones. In comparison with the Euro this was small with only 800 people in attendance but the site was perfect in location and size with lots of good cheap hotels within easy reach.

My high light was the track time, 1 1/2 of free time on the track for all comers. The place is steeped with motor racing history and was where our lambretta models were tested. I will never forget the laps I did.

1st prize in the raffle a New Custom Targa 275 Twin won by a lad from Sheffield. We spent an hour or so chatting about how to set it up when he got it home.

Thanks to Club Lombardi for organising the event and their welcome
Jim Rose

Re: Club Lombardi Monza 2017 Rally

Postby northernbloke » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Well they had to do summat as they could not tho go adria
northernbloke

Postby Jim Rose » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:24 am

northernbloke wrote:Well they had to do summat as they could not tho go adria

If I'd had to make a choice between which one I could attend it would be Monza every day. Better location, better organised and better food. You also got to meet the organisers
Jim Rose

Postby northernbloke » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:54 pm

What stopped you meeting the organisers at adria, the folk who did most of the leg work you probably met anyway! As for the other person who did the a hell of a lot of the work, trust me he was there, not sure if you spotted it you also had two personal telephone numbers that you could have used, did you bother ringing either of them to have a chat and tell am what you thought? If not why Not?
Like I say LC Lombardia had to do something as they couldn't go to adria.
northernbloke

Postby northernbloke » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Oh and you had the choice
northernbloke

Postby MickYork » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:32 pm

northernbloke wrote:Oh and you had the choice

He had the choice and chose to do both, so he can make a comment about the differences, like anyone can who did both.

I hope this doesn't go the way of the other thread............. :roll:
MickYork

Postby northernbloke » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:31 pm

And good on him.
How were the ride outs at monza?
Was the beer nice and cheap? Are they likely to make it a regular event? It's a genuine question.
northernbloke

Postby northernbloke » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:37 pm

On a positive with monza it gave folk a choice of rally to go too, I know a couple of the Austrians chose one against the other.
Again it's a genuine question are Lombardia lc looking at doing the same next year instead if Spain Euro
northernbloke

Postby Jim Rose » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:10 am

northernbloke wrote:On a positive with monza it gave folk a choice of rally to go too, I know a couple of the Austrians chose one against the other.
Again it's a genuine question are Lombardia lc looking at doing the same next year instead if Spain Euro

When the the two rallies were announced last year I decided to attend both because it was the 70th year of our chosen vehicle; a lot of people did. I was lucky I'm self employed so I was able to take time out and spend the time between rallies in Italy and overall I had a great time.

My view on the rallies is based on my experience on the two events from my perspective. If I had just done Adria, I would not have the experience of Monza and I would probably have been less disappointed. Whilst it was not perfect in my opinion the Monza rally was the better of the two rallies.

I didn't speak to the organiser of Adria because I didn't know who they were, nor did I ring anyone; whats the point, my complaints about Adria relate to the location and the catering neither one could be changed. I have no doubt a great deal of work was done by individual members and I have pointed out the bits I did enjoy; the "regional food court" and the parts fair but.

I avoid large rideouts after an accident with an inexperienced rider years ago so I cannot compare the rideouts between the two rallies for you. I did attend the two day lake tour that was organised after Monza and that was spectacular.

I don't drink so I can't tell you how much the beer was! I didn't hear any complaints so I'm assuming the price was ok

I'm not close to either the LCI or Club Lombardi but I have been told lots of "confidential" information about each organisation when I attended both rallies; non of this information is particularly complimentary about the other. Some of what I've been told I know is not true; because of the sources I regard all this information as suspect and I see no reason to repeat it.

If you are interested in attending a rally in Monza I suggest you contact Club Lombardi directly as I have no idea what their plans are for next year.
Jim Rose

Postby northernbloke » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm

I only mentioned the meeting the organisers of adria, as you mentioned that was one of the positives of monza you could have done the same at adria quite easily if you had wanted.
Anyhow.
Glad you got home safe and sound in the end, sounds like you had some fun and games.
northernbloke

Postby northernbloke » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:33 am

I suppose club Lombardia had to hold there own rally in monza as they could not go to adria anyhow.
As for holding euro in monza it would have been silly holding the euro rally in a region where the regional club could not attend.
northernbloke

Postby Jim Rose » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:07 pm

I thought we'd put this one to bed but apparently not. I'm assuming you are alluding to the supposed dispute between Lombardi and LCI which has been much gossiped about. I'm not close to either club and I've said before there has been a lot of said "in confidence" to anyone who would listen. I don't care where the truth lies; I attended two rallies in June and in my opinion Monza was good Adria wasn't.
Jim Rose

Postby xenia1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:57 pm

The two are not even remotely comparable. The official EuroLambretta Jamboree 2017 was held by the LCI at Adria, Club Lombardia organised a rally of their own at more or less the same time . Tino Saachi along with CambTim et al tried in vain to put a spoke in the works of this years Euro but failed. The timing of this event was deliberately two weeks before the Euro in an attempt to sway those doing distance to either do one event or the other all the while waving the Monza carrot knowing full well those coming from the UK (for instance) for most would be totally impractical to have up to four weeks off to cover the two events. Pretty sad that the organisers of this event even went to the extent of deliberately spreading false info ref the supposed closure of Adria by joining the lcgb to post the cr@p on this very forum.. :roll:
xenia1

Postby northernbloke » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Put what to bed? Are you suggesting that Lombardi in there fit of pique throwing the teddies out the cot by withdrawing there membership of LCI didn't happen ?
Couple of things, I didn't go to monza because if the timing, and yes I do know about all the in fighting and discussions with the 2 parties involved, I agree with the last poster, the monza rally was put on the date it was in an attempt to cause splits in other clubs and in an attempt to disrupt adria.
Jim you decided to leave adria early, fair enough, can't understand why but hey, you enjoyed monza more fair enough, but you only did half of the adria event, still not sure why, but they were very different events, euro is a unique event in the year for me I wouldn't want it to be the same as every other rally.

On the plus side it's given us all something to talk about for the last few weeks.
northernbloke

Postby Jim Rose » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:51 am

xenia1 wrote:The two are not even remotely comparable. The official EuroLambretta Jamboree 2017 was held by the LCI at Adria, Club Lombardia organised a rally of their own at more or less the same time . Tino Saachi along with CambTim et al tried in vain to put a spoke in the works of this years Euro but failed. The timing of this event was deliberately two weeks before the Euro in an attempt to sway those doing distance to either do one event or the other all the while waving the Monza carrot knowing full well those coming from the UK (for instance) for most would be totally impractical to have up to four weeks off to cover the two events. Pretty sad that the organisers of this event even went to the extent of deliberately spreading false info ref the supposed closure of Adria by joining the lcgb to post the cr@p on this very forum.. :roll:

Andy, I'm not sure why you are so upset; there were two scooter rallies in Italy this year possibly because of a rift between the LCI and Club Lombardi, or because the deposit had been paid for Monza and could not be recovered; who knows the truth? I don't but I've heard a lot of gossip quoted as fact.
I attended both rallies as did a lot of people from the UK; to do both all you needed was a bit of imagination.
I think if you check CamTim was a long standing member of the LCGB and had every right to use the forum. When he posted about Adria he also attached a link to the paper which said that Adria was shut down. As it turned out they sorted out there problems and re-opened.
I agree there has been a lot of crap spoken about the events this year on both sides. I'm not quoting any of the rubbish I was fed in Monza or Adria because I don't trust the sources
Jim Rose

Postby Jim Rose » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:06 am

northernbloke wrote:Put what to bed? Are you suggesting that Lombardi in there fit of pique throwing the teddies out the cot by withdrawing there membership of LCI didn't happen ?
Couple of things, I didn't go to monza because if the timing, and yes I do know about all the in fighting and discussions with the 2 parties involved, I agree with the last poster, the monza rally was put on the date it was in an attempt to cause splits in other clubs and in an attempt to disrupt adria.
Jim you decided to leave adria early, fair enough, can't understand why but hey, you enjoyed monza more fair enough, but you only did half of the adria event, still not sure why, but they were very different events, euro is a unique event in the year for me I wouldn't want it to be the same as every other rally.

On the plus side it's given us all something to talk about for the last few weeks.

Ok this is a bit of fun!

I arrived at Adria on Thursday and left just before the Gala dinner so I'd say I did a bit more than half. My views are based on my Euro experiences over the last few years I got the impression Adria was done on the cheap and it was the worst Euro event I have attended. What I should have done is go to the beach with the others on Saturday because they had a great time, but that was my mistake.
Regards the date of Monza look at my rely to Andy.
I don't know what happened between LCI and Lombardi and despite various posts saying what they'd heard and quoting it as fact as all we have is biased second hand information to work with. I've posted my views on the two rallies without referencing the grey area of Italian politics and money. It would be entertaining to quote some of the "facts" I was fed at both rallies because the comparison is hilarious. I'm not going to because it would only upset people even more
Jim Rose

Postby xenia1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:11 pm

[quote="Jim Rose"][/quote]

Andy, I'm not sure why you are so upset
I think if you check CamTim was a long standing member of the LCGB and had every right to use the forum.

Not upset at all Jim, just find it very sad the devious underhanded way the committee members of club Lombardia went about it thats all. As for CamTim, yes youre right, every member has a right to air their views but NOT to dish out malicious gossip, especially dishing it out to the Italian press. Make no mistake, club Lombardia deliberately set out to scupper the official Euro at Adria. What ive posted here is NOT rumour or heresay, i stand by it as fact..
xenia1

Postby Topgearskin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:43 pm

xenia1 wrote:Mmm.. i was told the dates for this around a month ago but this is if it actually goes ahead, Tino himself baulked at the cost of hiring Monza at Euro germany this year. As for the use of the track that will never happen, far too much red tape rules and regs at Monza let alone insurance problems to contend with. ..

xenia1 wrote:
......Not upset at all Jim, just find it very sad........ every member has a right to air their views but NOT to dish out malicious gossip..........What ive posted here is NOT rumour or heresay, i stand by it as fact..

:shock: (again)
Topgearskin

Postby xenia1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:57 pm

Topgearskin wrote:
xenia1 wrote:Mmm.. i was told the dates for this around a month ago but this is if it actually goes ahead, Tino himself baulked at the cost of hiring Monza at Euro germany this year. As for the use of the track that will never happen, far too much red tape rules and regs at Monza let alone insurance problems to contend with. ..

xenia1 wrote:
......Not upset at all Jim, just find it very sad........ every member has a right to air their views but NOT to dish out malicious gossip..........What ive posted here is NOT rumour or heresay, i stand by it as fact..

:shock: (again)

You really do have the two issues confused dont you.. :roll: The first bit you quoted came from Tino himself at Guiselwind ref cost at Monza and the event which was originally planned was very much scaled down. The second piece, this came direct from the Italian press after discovering it was fed the false info from the organisers of the club Lombardia event. I dont post anything unless its from the horses mouth..
xenia1

Postby MickYork » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:29 pm

I don't think he has :mrgreen:

I've read the opening post and this has gone off thread.......if you're wanting to advocate the merits of Adria and the politics of Italian scooter organisations why not start a new thread .....
MickYork

Next

Return to International Rallies & Events