LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Trough Of Bowland pre Coast To Coast run around

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Trough Of Bowland pre Coast To Coast run around

Postby Nigel. S » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Myself and Meds this morning - 80ish miles around the Trough to make sure nothing is about to fall off before the C2C. Shame the skies weren't bluer but hopeful for next weekend.
Also hope the roads are smoother.

Image20180415_113737 by Nigel S, on Flickr
Image20180415_113625 by Nigel S, on Flickr
Image20180415_113506 by Nigel S, on Flickr
Image20180415_113450 by Nigel S, on Flickr
Image20180415_113436 by Nigel S, on Flickr
Image20180415_110744 by Nigel S, on Flickr
Nigel. S

Re: Trough Of Bowland pre Coast To Coast run around

Postby Scooterdude » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Ive been looking for a rear rack i like for some time without success, that one on yours looks bloody perfect, if you dont mind me asking were did you get it from?
Scooterdude

Postby Solid Air » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Looks like a nice ride Nigel :) will watch out for you next week.
Solid Air

Postby Nigel. S » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:42 pm

Scooterdude wrote:Ive been looking for a rear rack i like for some time without success, that one on yours looks bloody perfect, if you dont mind me asking were did you get it from?

Hi, it's from Cambridge Lambretta...... http://www.lambretta.co.uk/shop/sprint- ... -5035.html

You'll need to space it off the frame, otherwise the round bar near rear badge touches high point on frame. Also, the two flat bars which bolt to frame are not angled to match frame so spacers need to be chamfered on bottom to match. I still need to get round to making a neater solution for mine. Apart from that I think it suits the style/age of the scooter better than a normal sprint rack. Can load it up with plenty too.
Nigel. S

Postby Nigel. S » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Solid Air wrote:Looks like a nice ride Nigel :) will watch out for you next week.

Likewise. :D
Nigel. S

Postby Scooterdude » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Nigel. S wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:Ive been looking for a rear rack i like for some time without success, that one on yours looks bloody perfect, if you dont mind me asking were did you get it from?

Hi, it's from Cambridge Lambretta...... http://www.lambretta.co.uk/shop/sprint- ... -5035.html

You'll need to space it off the frame, otherwise the round bar near rear badge touches high point on frame. Also, the two flat bars which bolt to frame are not angled to match frame so spacers need to be chamfered on bottom to match. I still need to get round to making a neater solution for mine. Apart from that I think it suits the style/age of the scooter better than a normal sprint rack. Can load it up with plenty too.

Thanks for this Nigel. So in essence another Lambretta part that doesn’t fit properly lol, ill get on to it and order one then, thanks.
Scooterdude

Postby Toddy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 am

That looks a nice scenic Ride, shame about the Mist (You managed to find the pub though :lol: :lol: ) hopefully aa bit clearer next weekend :D
Toddy

Postby Scooterdude » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Nigel. S wrote:

Well the rack came, it looks great and really well made......shame it doesn’t fit! Been messing about with nuts and bolts to get it to clear the frame like you did, fits now but at £60 + £10 postage surely they could supply a fitting kit ffs.
Scooterdude

Postby Nigel. S » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:27 pm

I double nutted some bolts onto the rack. The bottom nut I chamfered first making sure it was facing right way when tight was a real giggle. Then fitted to frame with plain and rubber washers. I would've made something from some tubing if I had something to hand at the time, I'm sure that would have involved less rude words being uttered ;)
Last edited by Nigel. S on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel. S

Postby Scooterdude » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Yes i think largely I’ve done the same as you have, if you come up with something better let me know and I’ll do likewise.
Scooterdude

Postby citydaz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:27 pm

nice!
citydaz

Return to Show Your Ride