LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

This year I will mostly be riding...

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

This year I will mostly be riding...

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:45 pm

A Jet 200.

Image5I by Billy Bongo, on Flickr
ToBoldlyGo

Re: This year I will mostly be riding...

Postby Watfordwhite » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Nice mate
Watfordwhite

Postby Fast n Furious » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 pm

Very Tidy. ;)
Fast n Furious

Postby solostax » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am

Thank you for posting photo of your Jet 200,
I needed an example to build mine from just the bare frame up. However I notice yours has a louvered tool box lid whereas this area on mine is solid, uncut and doesn't form a lid.
Gathering what info I can from Stickys and adverts etc, I'm filtering through the various parts I've acquired over the years to fit the most appropriate parts to get the scooter close to its original factory configuration.
In this endeavour your picture replaces a thousand words.
Regarding differences between series 3 LI and the Jet,.. are the front mudguard, rear light housing, rear floor panels, petrol tank the same?
Would appreciate learning any other deviations from Innocenti specification.
Best regards.
solostax

Postby NorthernJordan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:38 am

Hi Solostax,

Your frame (if the loop is just solid where the toolbox door traditionally lives) sound like it could be later model than the one pictured above. It could potentially be a lynx/lince frame and therefore have an impact your plans for an original specification build.

A picture of the frame or sending off for an accurate dating cert from the LCGB will help confirm the identity of the frame.

Cheers
NorthernJordan

Postby NorthernJordan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:39 am

Ps cracking jet 200.
NorthernJordan

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:57 am

solostax wrote:Thank you for posting photo of your Jet 200,
I needed an example to build mine from just the bare frame up. However I notice yours has a louvered tool box lid whereas this area on mine is solid, uncut and doesn't form a lid.
Gathering what info I can from Stickys and adverts etc, I'm filtering through the various parts I've acquired over the years to fit the most appropriate parts to get the scooter close to its original factory configuration.
In this endeavour your picture replaces a thousand words.
Regarding differences between series 3 LI and the Jet,.. are the front mudguard, rear light housing, rear floor panels, petrol tank the same?
Would appreciate learning any other deviations from Innocenti specification.
Best regards.

Yes, as Jordans says, it sounds as if you've got a later Lince frame there. They dispensed with the toolbox in the loop altogether and instead there should be a plate to house a battery. They also reverted back to what is commonly referred to as a "Kidney" airbox, which was installed in the same position as an airbox on an Italian S3, breathing from beneath the seat. The petrol tank would have been a standard Spanish one. That is to say it had more rounded shoulders than the Italian with a little more capacity. Cosmetically they had a fibreglass horncast and a unique looking front mudguard, and sometimes, but not exclusively a larger shroud around the headlight. What I would say is have a look on the Serveta Owners FB page and you'll find some Linces there.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby solostax » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Thanks Northern Jordan and ToBoldlyGo for your advice.
Just to confirm..I have a recent LCGB dating cert that gives it as a Jet 200 1982.
So far I've managed to aquire and fit a stand (with different spring attachment point on frame),forks with fat dampers ,rear mudguard ,SX headset and F/G servetta horncast. in the process of a dry build I've offered up tatty series 3 legshields that seems to fit.
This project was never intended to be a 100% reincarnation of an original ,and so I will have to compromise somewhat.In this I'm trying to balance cost with an acceptable "Bitser" with the ongoing option of replacing non original with pukka parts when and if available.
Thanks for your Facebook tip, and if for the purpose of serving others interest ,can post pictures of my progress.
Truly appreciate your help.
Regards
solostax

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Please do Solo. We'd like to see them. Mine isn't 100% either. ;)
ToBoldlyGo

Postby NorthernJordan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:16 pm

solostax wrote:Thanks Northern Jordan and ToBoldlyGo for your advice.
Just to confirm..I have a recent LCGB dating cert that gives it as a Jet 200 1982.
So far I've managed to aquire and fit a stand (with different spring attachment point on frame),forks with fat dampers ,rear mudguard ,SX headset and F/G servetta horncast. in the process of a dry build I've offered up tatty series 3 legshields that seems to fit.
This project was never intended to be a 100% reincarnation of an original ,and so I will have to compromise somewhat.In this I'm trying to balance cost with an acceptable "Bitser" with the ongoing option of replacing non original with pukka parts when and if available.
Thanks for your Facebook tip, and if for the purpose of serving others interest ,can post pictures of my progress.
Truly appreciate your help.
Regards

I would anticipate it to looks like the below:

http://www.totallyscooters.com/scooters/455.htm

It isn't the most straightforward task with the Spanish Lambrettas as not all changes happened over night. There is also the issue of manufacturing date vs date of first registration as some earlier stock may not have been sold and registered meaning that there will always be some vagaries with regards to dating. If you based the look on the above style then you will be pretty close to how it would have been in its original guise.
NorthernJordan

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Hah! You'll never get to the bottom of it. Jordan's Lince is later, yet it has the louvered toolbox door. So it's difficult to say if there is a rule of thumb. The joys of owning a Spanish Lambretta. :lol:
ToBoldlyGo

Postby ULC Soulagent » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:38 pm

Will follow this thread with interest as I’m also building a 78 Jet200 with a few modifications :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby solostax » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Gents,thanks for the tips .
Looking at the photos it appears the front mudguard and rear light are more GP style than LI ? But my Horncast holes don't fall in line with a GP mudguard though…
Although trying not to take too many departures from what it should look like I accept I may have to take some liberties to get it on the road asap.
Meanwhile following NorrieBodge’s tip (many thanks) to get around the upload limit for pictures to the forum I attach the link to pictures of my Jet 200 progress.
Can I suggest anyone with picture upload problems check out NorrieBodge's tip on the club’s FAQ section.
Regards
https://postimg.cc/gallery/m702a60u/
solostax

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Good to see. Right horncast, but wrong mudguard. Technically at least.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby shane BBoys » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:22 pm

ToBoldlyGo wrote:A Jet 200.

Image5I by Billy Bongo, on Flickr

Sorry to but in

This is a thing of BEAUTY :mrgreen:
Shane
shane BBoys

Postby John'65 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:00 pm

Fantastic looking jet really good job, I have a tatty 150 in the same colour , may I ask what legshield toolbox you put on , and where you purchased it from ? Thanks John
John'65

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:26 pm

Thanks for the comments. I can't take credit for it unfortunately. My skills don't extend that far. :lol:

Ah, the toolbox. The Spanish do like their wardrobe sized toolboxes and this was a work of art. It was a S2 toolbox, but it had a big lip welded on and shaped to fit a S3. It's been cut back a little since, but it's still nice and roomy. I might have some pictures of it as it was. I'll take a look.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:33 pm

As it was. Shivering in the middle of winter. Shows the toolbox a bit to give you an idea.

Image3M by Billy Bongo, on Flickr

Image3L by Billy Bongo, on Flickr
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Solid Air » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:32 pm

Lovely job, great to see the before pics too 8-)
Solid Air

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:28 pm

A few more.

Image5R by Billy Bongo, on Flickr

Some of it might have been ochre at one time.

Image5N by Billy Bongo, on Flickr

A bit of a dog's breakfast.

Image5Ped by Billy Bongo, on Flickr
ToBoldlyGo

Next

Return to Show Your Ride