LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

LI special - swansong project?

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: LI special - swansong project?

Postby dickie » Wed May 05, 2021 10:49 pm

shane BBoys wrote:Dickie.
I also used the T5 front brake light switch cable works a treat, I have the same remade disk brake and find it is shocking.
Maybe should have followed your advice while I had it in bits to fit the sintered pads.
Cheers Shane.

Crap aren't they? The biggest problem with them is the actuator though..

Keep an eye out on ebay for one, but only go for original. Those fancy shmancy Italian remade ones fit much better but don't move the pads as well as original.

One of the main things you learn on advanced bike training is traffic anticipation. I think you should be made to ride a lambretta with original brakes as part of the programme :lol:
dickie

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:09 pm

dickie wrote:
Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:It's all looking very nice.

As you are running damper gaitors, perhaps a gaitor over the inner cable (as soon as you've made the soldered cut to remove excess) might be complimentary. Even the Indian gear/clutch gaitors can be made to function with patience. Removing all of the moulding flash takes time, but worth it IMO.

Same reason, as in being 'complimentary' but i reckon the lower damper nuts could be swapped for dome nuts for that extra finishing touch.

Just my opinions :roll: but I hope you don't mind me suggesting them....

As for front brake actuator switches for brake lights, I thought there might be a brake cable set available with 'non-contact' proximity switches, but I might have dreamt that up. A decent electrician might be able to tell you. Do you know any? :lol:

I felt like I was being told off for posting images of unfinished work. So here it is done reet. :D

And I did cut the flashes off too. :D

I bet you thought you'd shut me up . Tuck the cut end of the cable into the gaiter as well & you'll have done the job ;)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby dickie » Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 am

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:
I bet you thought you'd shut me up . Tuck the cut end of the cable into the gaiter as well & you'll have done the job ;)

I did consider doing that and I do think it looks a bit "almost finished" but I didn't like the idea of the end inside the gaitor getting caught up and fouling the actuator arm when breaking hats.

Anyway, I've broken my leg falling off my pedal bike, so nowt is happening in the garage for another 3 weeks or more... :(
dickie

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:31 pm

dickie wrote:
Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:

I did consider doing that and I do think it looks a bit "almost finished" but I didn't like the idea of the end inside the gaitor getting caught up and fouling the actuator arm when breaking hats.

Anyway, I've broken my leg falling off my pedal bike, so nowt is happening in the garage for another 3 weeks or more... :(

Sincerely sorry to hear that you've hurt yourself :cry: We don't bounce so well as we get older.... Is the bike alright? I have a (ahem!) number of spares including frames etc. In fact complete bikes if I'm honest. I owe you, don't forget :)

As for the cable, I pop a bit of heat shrink over the tensioning & the cut (soldered) end to pull them together prior to gaitering. A bit fiddly, but now that the clamp will have reformed (misshaped) the cable you could unclamp to do it. BTW. A good electrician should be able to let you have a bit of heat shrink :lol:

Take care Dickie.

Kindest regards

Mark
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby dickie » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:30 pm

Well, it's almost finished and I've decided to sell it. :lol:

When I said swansong project, I was maybe a little hasty. I've just put a deposit on a one owner series 2 with original paint. :D :lol:
dickie

Postby Toddy » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:31 pm

dickie wrote:Well, it's almost finished and I've decided to sell it. :lol:

When I said swansong project, I was maybe a little hasty. I've just put a deposit on a one owner series 2 with original paint. :D :lol:

The series 2 off Adrian at old paint ?
Toddy

Postby dickie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:35 am

Toddy wrote:

That's the one. I'm going to keep it pretty standard but extend the forks and a mural of the spice girls on the side panels. Cut down the leggies for a bit extra top end.
dickie

Postby Toddy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:28 am

dickie wrote:
Toddy wrote:

That's the one. I'm going to keep it pretty standard but extend the forks and a mural of the spice girls on the side panels. Cut down the leggies for a bit extra top end.

I look forward to that :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Toddy

Postby dickie » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:47 pm

Well, it's sort of finished now. I've ridden it to the end of the street and back so at least I got some use out of it.

Personally, 2 lambrettas is enough for me but even if it weren't, I don't have the space in my single garage for more than 2 due to my other interests in cycling and bikes so it has to go to make way for my new swansong project.

Happily, it's going to a really nice young lad who worked for me at my last employer so that's nice and some young blood into the world of lambrettas too. I've no doubt I'll be spending quite a bit of time coaching him in the art of ownership.

He might be a nice lad, but he's not getting the 230 engine. I'm swapping it for the 175 I built for my bitsa. All the shiny bits will get swapped over to keep him happy, but it's the guts I want, so we're both happy and obviously I knocked quite a bit off the price to allow for it.

Anyway, I need to get on with swapping the motors so I can get my s2 out my mate's lockup.
dickie

Postby Bilko » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:23 am

That’s a cracking job.
Bilko

Postby Scooterslag » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:57 pm

dickie wrote:Well, it's sort of finished now. I've ridden it to the end of the street and back so at least I got some use out of it.

Personally, 2 lambrettas is enough for me but even if it weren't, I don't have the space in my single garage for more than 2 due to my other interests in cycling and bikes so it has to go to make way for my new swansong project.

Happily, it's going to a really nice young lad who worked for me at my last employer so that's nice and some young blood into the world of lambrettas too. I've no doubt I'll be spending quite a bit of time coaching him in the art of ownership.

He might be a nice lad, but he's not getting the 230 engine. I'm swapping it for the 175 I built for my bitsa. All the shiny bits will get swapped over to keep him happy, but it's the guts I want, so we're both happy and obviously I knocked quite a bit off the price to allow for it.

Anyway, I need to get on with swapping the motors so I can get my s2 out my mate's lockup.

Thats lovely, whats the shade of green used? cheers Paul
Scooterslag

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Spot on that Dickie
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:16 pm

That is really superb. Selling her* on must be a tough decision, but good that new blood has been 'corrupted' into the fold.

Deciding on colours is not easy, but personalisation of Lambrettas is arguably a long held UK tradition I reckon & long may it continue :D

* I am right, aren't I? Lambrettas are female, aren't they?
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby dickie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:39 pm

Scooterslag wrote:
Thats lovely, whats the shade of green used? cheers Paul

It's a ral code 3005, moss green. It's a bit darker in reality than the photos show, but I love it.

The sad thing for me, is that even though I love the seat, I don't think it's a great match for the bike. To me, it's a series 1/2 seat. Anyway, it's off now as the buyer agreed (or at least went along with what I said) and a cheap gori copy is on now. It's hurting my eyes and I really don't think I can hand it over like this. I'm going to try to persuade him to let me fit a nice Andy nixon snetterton, even if I pay, I think it's God's will :D
dickie

Postby dickie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:Spot on that Dickie

Thanks rich, I love it. But I still don't think the seat is right for it.
dickie

Postby dickie » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:That is really superb. Selling her* on must be a tough decision, but good that new blood has been 'corrupted' into the fold.

Deciding on colours is not easy, but personalisation of Lambrettas is arguably a long held UK tradition I reckon & long may it continue :D

* I am right, aren't I? Lambrettas are female, aren't they?

Honestly I find the build the best bit and I couldn't have wanted it to go to a better home. He's a great lad and only lives a mile away, so I'll get to work on it when it breaks down, which it will :lol: :lol:

Our lass reckons I'm a grumpy arse, but I think they're neuter gender.
dickie

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:20 pm

dickie wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:Spot on that Dickie

Thanks rich, I love it. But I still don't think the seat is right for it.

I agree, Pegasus are more for S1/S2. I think a nice Snett or a short Ancillotti would look better.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby dickie » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Finished and sold.

Kept the engine and seat. I'm not too keen on the new seat but it's ok.

Rode it half a mile before agreeing to sell then rode it 4 miles to drop it off!

dickie

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:38 am

Beautiful!
Rich Oswald

Postby dickie » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:23 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:Beautiful!

Thanks rich, I think so too.

I just need to persuade him to change the seat and it'll be perfect
dickie

PreviousNext

Return to Show Your Ride