LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Dad's 1960's Series 2 Li150

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: Dad's 1960's Series 2 Li150

Postby little_geoff » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:58 pm

Thanks Mel. I'm going with Satin White Hammerite on the frame, as it's easy enough to apply, and will be a good match for the original colour (i hope), it looks to of had a few resprays in it's time! I'll post some pics when i'm done.
little_geoff

Postby little_geoff » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:21 pm

Evening everyone.
It's been a while since i last posted, so thought i would give you an update:-
Well the scooter is still in bits, but i have stripped and repainted the main frame as best i could. (the front forks still remain on) ... and then i got a bit stuck!
So much of the old parts needed cleaning, but nothing seemed to cut it.. so after almost a year of doing nothing, i slurged on an air compressor and picked up a used blast cabinet last weekend and have been having a great time!
I am amazed at just how well these old parts have come up!! I have also been looking out for rustoration parts, so managed to pick up a front mudguard, which should fit the slightly battered panels i already have.

So for now it's about cleaning and storing, even the inner rear wheel arch has come up better than expected.
I'll work out a plan for priming and painting later date....
(my pictures are to big to load up, but i'll work on that too!)
little_geoff

Postby dickie » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:07 pm

Good to hear you're cracking on with it.

Storing properly is a big deal; it isn't hard to do it, but I've just lost a little clip from my headlamp doing a similar build because I didn't bother my arse properly.

Must be great to have your dad's old bike. Keep us posted.
dickie

Postby bookertmgs1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:03 am

If you have blasted the frame & some panels- you need to get some primer on them ASAP.

Leaving it to a later date just means you'll need to reblast to get rid of the rust thats redeveloped.

Shouldn't cost too much for someone to give it a coat of etch primer
bookertmgs1

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride