LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Show us your 1st road legal Lambretta...

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Show us your 1st road legal Lambretta...

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:03 am

Just another random thought, & I specialize in them... :lol:

I'd bung summat up now but as I'm a total techno twat that won't be happening anytime soon! So the thinking is, & I'm sure Linda will be needing some winter leantime fodder... Remember your 1st Lambretta hit/how you got the bug/were converted/how old you were/who facilitated/with pix etc etc? It'would be like the Scooterthing/classic scootahrist 'back in the day', or whatever it's called thing, the difference being that you wouldn't be signing away your ownership of the images/words...

Any takers? GWAAN! Our club, our input, our enjoyment... 8-)

Just a thought...
Andy B.L.C.

Re: Show us your 1st road legal Lambretta...

Postby Toddy » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:24 am

Good idea,my first one ,17 years old going to Weston with Mr Skipsey ( crow) had the scooter since I was 15 getting it ready it was a Spanish LI with GP headset cut and sprayed by myself with a local punk rocker doing “ the Cutter” on the side panels ,L plates :lol: my test was the week after I got back luckily passed first time :D

Toddy

Postby Solid Air » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 am

It started off as a full bodied one owner DL150 when I got it, until I (stupidly!) lent it to a mate who decided it would be good to show off to his mates by pulling some wheelies?! And all for the price of a packet of fags, oh how I laughed :roll: :lol:

Solid Air

Postby Scooterslag » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:09 pm

Got this Vega in the early 90's from my (sadly gone) friend Vic Saunders , came with a fairly tidy Rally 200 electronic which my brother bought and I had the Vega which was a old Australian export model with the indicators, rear carrier and foot pegs. Had it for a couple of years as a daily rider ( bit slow) then flogged it to a Dutch bloke who I recently found on Facebook, living in Portugal and uses the Vega which is on the back of his Motorhome 8-) The bike came from local Barnstaple Lambretta dealer Godfrey Sampson and had their waterslide dealer transfer on it . Wish I kept it blah, blah, Blah ;)

Scooterslag

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:24 pm

Nice thread idea Andy, if you can scan pics and email me yours I will post em for you.
My first legal Lammy is my GP, i have a Jet cutdown I got before the GP but its never seen the road in my ownership.
I was later to Lammies having started out on Veppiez
SlackerThePinstriper

Postby TODDY125 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:50 pm

My first Lammy was a ‘69 200dl which I got in ’87 when I was 18.
It had just been brought over to the Uk from Cyprus by someone in the RAF stationed at Lyneham. I had other scooters before but I'd just passed my test so this was my first rally going scoot - good memories of taking it to the LPS rallies in Okehampton.
I’ve still got it and its stayed pretty much the same as it was back then. Still taking it to rallies. I’ve got tuned Lammies, but there’s something about riding a standard GP that puts a smile on my face.
TODDY125

Postby Solid Air » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Toddy ^ any relation ^ :?: :lol:

Welcome Toddy125, I'm sure the Cyprus connection sounds familiar unless someone else has bought one over from there too?
Solid Air

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:49 pm

My first one, had it from 69/70 to about 1975, then traded it in for a Reliant Regal van. Came from Eddie Grimsteads, not sure why or how it got to Leeds.

Rich'

Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:06 am

Rich Oswald wrote:My first one, had it from 69/70 to about 1975, then traded it in for a Reliant Regal van. Came from Eddie Grimsteads, not sure why or how it got to Leeds.

Rich'

Love that Rich
SlackerThePinstriper

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:23 pm

SlackerThePinstriper wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:My first one, had it from 69/70 to about 1975, then traded it in for a Reliant Regal van. Came from Eddie Grimsteads, not sure why or how it got to Leeds.

Rich'

Love that Rich

Cheers Slacker ;)
Rich Oswald

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:23 am

My GP as bought in 2005
SlackerThePinstriper

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:12 pm

SlackerThePinstriper wrote:My GP as bought in 2005

Nice!
Rich Oswald

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:03 am

Ta Toddy, but what year was that Weston nightmare?! ;)

MarK, inveterate ScooterBoy (respect!), silly billy, did you leave your grass skirt at home? :lol:

Scoot Slag. Gutting... But the road to hell is paved in hindsight , forwards & in top company n all eh :D

Wayne, ta m8! I'm on the sick due to a narcissist, bullying, lying boss so no scans possible for the foreseeable future... They started it, but I'll finish it... Top t-shirt mind 8-)

Phil, I've still, somewhere, got an '88 pic of a durty convoy cut haircut peace punk crusty me astride that DL back in the Last Militia S.C. daze. Big hug to Sharon :D

Rich, any regrets,... I mean surely a Reliant handles worse than a v*spa! :lol: :lol:
Andy B.L.C.

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:42 am

Andy B.L.C. wrote:
Rich, any regrets,... I mean surely a Reliant handles worse than a v*spa! :lol: :lol:

Oh of course I regretted selling it Andy but it was all part of the process of settling down, getting married, then divorced, and then re living it all again, several times over until getting to the money pit it is today. We've all got regrets but I certainly don't regret anything about being obsessed about Lambrettas.

The Reliants were quite nippy and did handle ok.................in a straight line, lol! :lol: :lol:

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby nsaints » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:18 pm

A story with an unexpected ending..

Here's my 1st Lambretta, an Italian GP200. I bought her when employed as an apprentice fitter in 1984, at Didcot power station
The person I bought it from wasn't really into scooters/the scene/never been to a scooter do/never been on a rally, just took inspiration from watching Quadrophnia at the cinema
I went to all but the Redcar rally in 1985, and all local scooter do's - so well used

I sold it on as a part exchange early 1986, and she was bought by Steve Pickford ORRSC
Steve used her in various rallies, sporting events

Steve then sold on to unknown (to me) person

Much later - (mid 90's) where I then heard it was for sale
I went to an out of the way barn in west London, full of scooters - and there she was
in the end I bought a mk1 Vespa P2 (no idea why)

roll forward 20 years and finally after remembering the registration I had an idea of tracking her back-down and owning again (wife was prepared for a re-mortgage job (LOL))
I could see on DVLA it was now white, and MOT'd in Taunton
Now having this lead, I spoke with Stuart Lanning who kindly agreed to see if he could find the owner

A couple of weeks past and Stuart contacted me to say - purely by chance he had bought the scooter for the museum in WSM
the logbook had just returned from DVLA
Unfortunately (to me anyhow) my scooter was probably not what I expected it to look like

after picking myself up from the floor (literally), I finally got to the museum this year

I'm actually pleased to say all that remains is the number plate
the frame is no longer GP200, and neither is the engine
100% it was a GP200 engine when I owned her
my memory was it was a GP200 frame, not a GP150 or 125 frame as it is today (I can't remember which)

Last edited by nsaints on Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
nsaints

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:45 pm

Great Story :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 pm

Bloody Hell Nsaints, saying it was a shock was an understatement :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brilliant story,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby Solid Air » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:35 pm

The one person in the world that DOESN'T want to buy his old scooter back then?! :shock:
Solid Air

Postby nsaints » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:43 pm

Haha. The wife found the story mighty funny/huge sigh of relief.
nsaints

Postby Solid Air » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:27 pm

The look on your face just says "Why?" on more than one point, but at least the wife was happy :lol:
Solid Air

Next

Return to Show Your Ride