LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Inglorious road trips...

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Inglorious road trips...

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:37 am

B.L.C'er Nathan's SX 200 getting a lift home

Got any similarly embarassing terminated road trips? Then please share... ;)
Andy B.L.C.

Re: Inglorious road trips...

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:55 pm

Nothing epic. Ignoring the local ones where I have had to push it home, I have been on the back of an RAC truck for:

2 or 3 burnt out clutches.
Not tightening rear hub nuts resulting in me losing three of them!
A holed piston caused by an air leak.

These are the ones I can remember.

Thankfully, all have been in the UK.

I did lose the tailpipe and a large section of the silencer on the French motorway but just kept going and it got me all the way home. I also shorted out the battery on a Vespa in Germany. Thankfully, whilst the loom was a mess, the ignition circuit survived all the way home.
Storkfoot

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:29 pm

Germany early 2000's. A skinhead that I got to know by bumping into him at ska gigs & soul nites. A tale that he recounted over a beer or two. Night time motorway riding his Pee range cut out. First thing check for fuel, seat up, petrol cap off establish how the fuel situation was looking with a cigarette lighter with obvious consequences... One down! :lol:
Andy B.L.C.

Postby george » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:07 pm

a mates v***a about 10 year ago hahaha

george

Postby MickYork » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:29 pm

I remember crashing my Rally 200 on the the road into York College. Wasn't looking and went up the ar*e end of a lecturers car. This was just before 9 when everyone was entering the college, crowds everywhere !! The lecturers car was undamaged and he drove away shaking his head. In the "bump" my forks had twisted nearly 90* and i couldn't straighten them. I was blocking the road and a bit of a jam had formed behind me. Never-the-less i kicked it over and drove it by the massed crowds to the college car park..................unfortunately my horn had stuck on and doing 5mph, with handle bars pointing straight on i attracted everyones attention. I was very popular in the cafe at breaktime :oops:
MickYork

Return to Show Your Ride