LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

gp 200 just aquired

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

gp 200 just aquired

Postby trev t » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:41 pm

well just picked this up last week, been stood since 1985
trev t

Re: gp 200 just aquired

Postby Mag » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:59 pm

You jammy barstuard! ;)
Mag

Postby Paul Slack » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:24 pm

I agree.

Great find.
Paul Slack

Postby St George » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:43 pm

I bought a new red one of those in 1971, £249.99p. They fly, enjoy.

Colin
St George

Postby Cec DHSC » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:22 pm

You lucky, lucky man :)
Cec DHSC

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Jealousy ripping out me :twisted:
Psychedelicropcircle

Postby pacemaker » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Lets have the story then. Did you meet a chap down the pub who said he one in the shed? ;)
pacemaker

Postby gaz_powell » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:13 pm

Good find Trev

You jammy ..........

Gaz
gaz_powell

Postby speedy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Absolutely wonderful, .what a find, you are a very lucky man
speedy

Postby Dazza » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:12 am

I think we should see a picture of the screen Trev ;)
Dazza

Postby Rich Oswald » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:56 am

Well done Trev' just enjoy it mate.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Hong Kong Phooey » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:06 pm

Bloody fantastic find. Nice to see another one going to good hands.
Hong Kong Phooey

Postby sherpadean » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:31 pm

Nice one
sherpadean

Postby trev t » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:05 pm

ok the story...
My mate has a mot garage, a chap now works there doing the bike mots,, he says one day I know an old bloke got a scooter to sell...
yep heard it a million times..
right,, so I ask him to ask old bloke if he does want to sell it...
no idea what make model ect ect...
two weeks later.. still nothing...
so go to see bloke at garage.. he gives me a phone number...I am so excited I cannot explain...
I ring the number it is about 1640 so I think some one is bound to be in...no answer machine.. I leave message and wait.... and wait,, nothing
so I ring again on a Tuesday.. ha ha he answers,saying yes he has a scooter for sale and it is a lambretta...now I am showing a little bit of interest but not too much..
he says he has offered to his mate for £2600 and need to call him,,
I say ok I will call Thursday evening and ring off.
by know I know his mate will have it...
I ring Thursday and ,,, his mate cannot afford it,, I am in????
I arrange to see if Friday at 1200....
I never slept Thursday night thinking what it could be...
well I get there at 1150 early but not showing too much eagerness..
I knock on door ,he answers from garage.. and comes out and says...
thought it might be you trev....my jaw hits the floor..i ask is that good that you know me...he then goes on to explain he came round to my house in 1985 looking to buy an ld I had,, but he did not buy it... it turns out he bought this lammy..
by know I am wetting my self inside and on the outside trying to be as cool as...
ok we have a bit of banter telling me he bought this scooter off so n so and his boys used it to go to work ect ect...(fook all that show me it)
well we go in the garage and there she is with sheet over her,,, massive screen I can see by shape...
I ask the man ,, can I get her naked...
he says by all means..i slowly pull the sheet back and see the Lambretta GP 200 in yellow Ochre...
it is fantastic...
what you lot on here will not realise I have been looking for a Lincoln registered lambretta for about 10/15 years...

AND THIS ONE IS NOT ONLY THAT IT CAME FROM WESTS
Right Wests was THE scooter garage yes it did cars and motor bikes but it did scooters...no other gar++age did ,, yes they sold second hand ones..
But wests sold new lammys,, this one has come from there and it says on the number plate,, bloody great..
by this time I am not listening to the bloke telling me all about it..
well I start listening,, he bought it in 1985, did nothing with it once rode it three doors down to a 60s party,,that was it..
the fella he bought it off used it and so did his sons,, milage is 25000 and speedo cable and speedo still working so I belive this to be true..side panels at some time have been sprayed not very good either.headlight is a plastic one,,
sorry I am wandering again..
so I look roundthe scoot he tells me he has took spark plug out and squirted oil it there,, yes you guessed it exhaust is not swimmimg in oil.. but still a good thing...
well I say yees mate I will give you £2600.. he stops me there n then,, that price was to my mate,, (I wait ),,he then says theres one on e bay for £7000.. I wait I don't argue about it and say this n that.. I am waiting now to see how much he wants.. it seems like an age..
he says £2750..i am trying now not too look too keen and say is tha the best you can do...he says it is worth it ,,I agree and shake his hand...he immediately says that was too cheap and I don't really want to sell it..i act calm and smile.. he says I have shook on it..
I am in...I tell him I will be back in 15 minutes with the cash....
I get back thinking he is going to say he is keeping it..no he has the v5 old and new and a bit of history with it, bill of sale from last buyer and the hand book...
I then explain we need to take screen off to get it in my van..
I get it home my knees are shaking a bloody lambretta gp 200 onmolested and as straight as any thing,, from Lincoln and from wests.
.life could not get any better...right will it start...
carb off mint dellorto 22 mill carb cleaned out. fresh petrol in,, new spark plug...third kick she is off .
smoke like you would not believe, yes oil coming out the exhaust lost of oil.. so I leave it running for 5 mins...I am in heaven...have done this a few time now and it is slowing clearing...
that is the story so far...
I am leaving it as it is,, I will try to take paint off the side panels clean it all over, need to change the headlight I have a bulb holder need to source an original headlight, I have a rim, then I am going to ride it.

if any one can tell me about the battery, I took the old one off and did not take note of plus and minus ,,when I put new battery on plus to plus ect ect ,,,yep fuse blew.. so are these the other way round...
trev t

Postby trev t » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:46 pm

this photo is the angle I first say her,,,
as she was once naked...love the screen all complete with fixings only thing is one side had normal rubber other side had the correct rubbers..
are you loving the screen yet...
this was the last photo before she was relocated..
hope this helps I really like it... but I do know where there are two more,, but same again,, I have a lammy, but don't want to sell ,, what is it,, they answer a lambretta... my quest continues....
trev t

Postby trev t » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:20 pm

By the way if you look round the photos there are two tax disc holders,, when I took them apart,, I found ten tax discs, there interesting on there own,, different styles and colours and prices...lol
trev t

Postby trev t » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Well
next chapter,, I bought a new battery , I did not even try to renew acid in the old one.. did the old mistake plus to plus and blew fuse, so after finding a new fuse positive to frame earth..
ok here goes first prod.. purring like a little kitten...
turn the key.. bloody hell all the lights work and brake light and horn,, bloody bonus..
next change tryes n tubes see what condition wheels are in..
trev t

Postby johnspeed22/2 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Trev, that has to be one of the best stories i have ever heard on this site thanks for sharing with us :shock: ,the Italian GP200 is my favourite model since i started scootering in 1983 enjoy your scooter mate its a corker well chuffed for you.
johnspeed22/2

Postby nickw » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Excellent story, nice price and by the sounds of it couldn't have gone to someone more deserving. Well Done.
nickw

Postby shep1874 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:30 pm

braw...great story
shep1874

Next

Return to Show Your Ride