LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

My group 4

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: My group 4

Postby Dazts1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Yeah that's my claim to fame leading Darren connely for nearly half a lap :D

I'm just hoping its s dry weekend at croft this weekend. For racers and spectators. Fingers crossed.
Dazts1

Postby Dimitrios_231 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:50 pm

I had missed this topic,great info and photos ;)
Dimitrios_231

Postby Dazts1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:15 pm

I'll update more after the weekend. Once the 1st meeting is under our belts. :shock:
Dazts1

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:23 pm

Good luck, Daz. Hope the weather holds up for you.
Storkfoot

Postby Dazts1 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:23 pm

Tomorrow morning isn't looking good Paul. Defo wets are on. But thanks and here's to hoping !
Dazts1

Postby Dazts1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Sorry it's taken a while for an update on the bsso 1st 2 meetings. Having 2 back to back meetings really takes it toll.

1st meeting croft.
Well as most of you know it was a very wet meeting on the Saturday. A new setup , 1st meeting and very wet conditions with new wet tyres meant things didn't go to plan for me. My new V4 mugello kitted group4 was damn quick. But could I ride it in the wet ? Hell no. As soon as I was putting the power down in the corners I was going sideways. Far to scary and I didn't want to come off again. The 2nd race sat I had a dnf the front sprocket came loose. Not sure what the problem was I didn't want to destroy the motor so I pulled out.

I think this pic shows how wet croft was on the sat not good ! For me anyway. That's the production class i'm sat with in the holding area.
Sunday morning the sun was out , dry tyres on ! it looked like we were in for a dry race. Unfortunately 2nd lap I was carrying to much speed into a corner ! This sent me off across a ploughed field another dnf although I didn't bin the bike.

2nd race Sunday I managed to complete getting a 4th place. I ended up in the middle of the production class race ! I didn't think I was going to be able to see this race but I was sat in the middle of it. :D

Anyway I was that disheartened on the sat I failed to realise I had a 3rd place! I rode like crap but things went a little better than I thought. A 4th place was had on the Sunday.

I'll update on Mallory in a couple of days.
Dazts1

Postby Toddy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:17 am

Well done mate Keep at it looks like one hell of an adventure ;)
Toddy

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Well done Daz, keep it up. :D

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Dazts1 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:14 pm

Thanks for the comments , I will keep at it. ;)

Right a quick update on Mallory.
As things went reasonably well on practice day I had high hopes here. Seven group 4 bikes on the grid. As usual practice 1st things seemed all good. Nice and dry all seemed good with the motor. Down to a 16 tooth sprocket from the 17 I had in at croft. 1st race away into Gerrards , I like this corner all bikes going flat out ! basically a free for all for who's got the biggest balls for high speed mayhem. That's what it is round there for a couple of laps until you get split up a bit. I managed a fourth in group 4 and 11th overall. Not bad for around 38 bikes on the grid.
Braking into Edwina's I noticed was a little twitchy from the front end. When returning in mechanic Gaz noticed the front wheel had tipped over to the left in the forks st the top. Bike onto the bench and it was apparent the disc was hitting the antidive bracket under heavy braking. Front end strip , either a spring or a buffer was at fault. Seeming as though nobody in the paddock had any springs a bodge was needed. One of the bottom buffers was cut down and the other packed up to align the links.

This got me away for the weekend. But it was obvious there was a good 5mn in the springs. One side probably becoming a lot weaker than the other.

2nd race was wet. Bugger my Achilles heel. Getting away a good start I managed to get past Dan Lewis for a couple of laps. This had me in 3rd for a while. But a braking mistake , to late and Dan got past. This race I finished in 5th.

Bikes on the bench in the camp to give a once over on sat night ready for Sunday.

This resulted in me getting a fourth in the 2st race on Sunday. Very dry but clutch slip was my problem here. I just couldn't get near 3rd place. Bike into the bench and backing the clutch adjuster off I was hoping would cure my problem.

Race 4. Well away but 2nd lap in , clutch slipping become a big issue. My Lth needs an overhaul. I still managed a 4th place.

A good weekend finishing all 4 races but a few jobs to do to the GP. New gear selector , clutch overhaul. And fork rebuild.
But a great weekend.

Dazts1

Postby Dazts1 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Well here's this weekends progress. Old selector out. Bearing in mind this has done croft and Mallory.
New one polished up. Not a quick job but worth it for the sliding action on the layshaft.
And refitted.
Dazts1

Postby Dazts1 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:08 pm

Also had the forks recoated ready for a total rebuild. New links buffers springs etc. Taking disc links out and putting drum links in.

Also nice new scootopia hub coated and fitted. Got the studs to get out of my other one as 2 snapped. This was while changing to wets on Saturday at Mallory.
Dazts1

Postby Dazts1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Hi.
It's been a while since I posted as the season has kept me busy. Constant maintance from one end of the scoot to the other. Fixing or rebuilding thinks that don't normally go wrong on a road bike.
The highs and lows of racing. But it's great. Quite a few things have changed on the bike , some cosmetic some for upgrades. It seems your always chasing your tail in the racing game.

Having just had last weekend at Cadwell which was great. Taking a 3rd , a dnf (more dns than dnf) two fourths. But the last last race myself and Chris Geyton swapped positions from 3rd to 4th a couple of times which makes for good racing. But he took the 3rd.
Here's a few pics of parts I've changed.

Protech rear shock 325mm long , also JPP gear linkages rear brake adjuster.

Here's a couple of our dsc camp in working or drinking environment
And finally one of me trying to keep the front end down on the mountain. The way I see it I may loose face by not pulling a wheelie but I'd defo loose more by pulling one then eating Tarmac :D
Dazts1

Postby Toddy » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:20 am

Great Pics Daz , Nice to see scotty keeping busy ;) are you still enjoying it though that's the main thing ? is that one of Paul Greens Linkage sets or Targa and whats the trunnions just normal with Allen cap screws ?
Toddy

Postby Dazts1 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi Paul
Hell yes we still enjoying it. Probably one of the best years of scootering ever for me.

The linkage set is from JPP. Very good quality that Paul is a partner in. They are just normal Allen bolts had no issues all season with slippage on the cables.
Yes to mr Scott being busy. But that's how he likes it !
Dazts1

Postby Dazts1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:57 pm

Well we've had Lydden hill and croft since my last post.
The scoot and myself have had a few spills and thrills along the way. The engine has being to bits more than I care to remember. But not with reliability just pure wear and tear. Well we've had a few teeth off gearboxes but that's probably down to my riding. I will defo try to be more carful with the next one.
Stickers are great for covering up Tarmac rash !

This is from my croft track day with no limits. There was a few scooters there with a lot of big bikes. We really gave them a run for there money. It seems I got a little carried away and the front wheel washed out on the hairpin. A new runner board and a sticker or 2 was all that was required for the scoot.

My endcan also gave up on the rivets and blew the carbon fibre can off. So after seeing 2 clamps around casa's can and replay I decided to make my own. This should defo stop that happening again.

Spruced up again it's ready for petrol and Pistons at croft.

But in the 1st race where I was actually in 1st place for the 1st time all season on group4 I binned it again.
So it appears I have a bit more straightening and painting to do again before Cadwell. I'm running on a spare gearbox at the moment until i get my new close ratio fitted. My seat is also snapped I think one of the Stewart's has tried to lift it out of the gravel pit by it. So I now need a new seat as well.
Dazts1

Postby jonno » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:35 pm

Whats the ignition set up you have fitted?
jonno

Postby Dazts1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi Jonno
The ignition system is a Selettra system. I guess it's just a race only system. It's also mapable. The flywheel weighs next to nothing. Engine braking is something you don't experience from this motor. You got to rev up 4/5000rpm to get it off the line.

I'll take a closer pic for you if you can't see clearly. This is the only pic i had.
Dazts1

Postby jonno » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:20 pm

Is there much work needed to get it to fit.Im guessing machining of crank taper and making a mounting plate ?
jonno

Postby Dazts1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:21 pm

The crank taper is as a standard crank untouched. The flywheel you can see has the taper inside to match the crank. There's then an ally spacer mated to a lambretta backplate. This takes the pickup. I can't take credit it's replays work.
Dazts1

Postby Dazts1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Well the 2016 season has drawn to a close. Myself and the scoot were lucky enough to remain in one piece after Cadwell. Many others didn't. I wish all those injured and there scoots a speedy recovery.

I managed to finish 4th in group 4. Yes I would liked to have finished higher. I had a little bit of bad luck this season, falling off mainly but Darley was mechanical.

Anyway there will be quite a few race bikes on show at brid this weekend , mine been one of them. If anybody's after a little race advice or interested in starting up come and have a chat. Even if it's just a look over the scoot.

Dazts1

PreviousNext

Return to Show Your Ride