LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

New project - winter model

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: New project - winter model

Postby dickie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:11 am

Scooterdude wrote:Yes a strange one as you’ve clearly had the cylinder tuned so would expect at least mid 20s.

Tuned for bottom end. With the exhaust is around 186 and transfers about 126 to 128 (Can't quite remember). The box pipe kills them though. When I look at other graphs for similar pipes on TS1, they're about the same.

I think my gt186 was a particularly good motor, so raises expectations.
dickie

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Chiselspeed Dyno does read low compared to others.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby dickie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:00 pm

Just been for the first ride.

It feels faster than the dyno suggests and to be honest, regardless of numbers I don't want to go any quicker with the inboard hydraulic front brake!

Really nice ride but I've now got several hundred miles of running in.

I won't be doing anything with the motor or ignition until it's run in and even then I think I'll only take the kytronik off.

Next project begins.....
dickie

Postby shane BBoys » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Dickie.
Now that she is finished what does she look like.
Cheers Shane
shane BBoys

Postby dickie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:49 pm

shane BBoys wrote:Dickie.
Now that she is finished what does she look like.
Cheers Shane

Yes Shane, you're right, I should have done, but I'm ashamed of my panel gaps and I'm not sure what to do about it. They weren't apparent until I fitted the foot boards.

If anyone has any experience of easy fixes I'd love to hear them.

Image2019-04-03_06-26-10 by richardhenderson1968, on Flickr

Image2019-04-03_06-26-29 by richardhenderson1968, on Flickr

Image2019-04-03_06-26-49 by richardhenderson1968, on Flickr

Image2019-04-03_06-32-15 by richardhenderson1968, on Flickr

It's really quite depressing. :cry:

I've never had a series 2 before so I'm not sure if I'm just being fussy, but I'm pretty sure this isn't how it left the factory.
dickie

Postby steve t » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 pm

Would doubleing up on the rubber washers make them better don't look 2 far away just need a bit of jigerey pokerey does legshields want teasing across a bit at the bottom ( walk away from it leave it a day then have another look with a fresh pair of eyes ) :D
steve t

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:00 pm

It doesn't look as if the panels are properly seated either. Try pressing down on them.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby dickie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 pm

ToBoldlyGo wrote:It doesn't look as if the panels are properly seated either. Try pressing down on them.

Yes, this is the main problem I think but I've pressed them down as much as I can. Ive removed the rubber from the flywheel side to test the difference and it is better, but not good enough in my opinion. It seems.to me that the loop is too long forward to aft. So I'm considering pulling it in 5mm at a time with ratchet straps.
dickie

Postby shane BBoys » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:54 am

Dickie.
1 thing you need to remember is that she is a Spanyard and that they do not sit as nice and lovely as an Italian ( I’m going to get in trouble now ) but hey I’ve typed it I’ll stand by it. Did you really look at how it all sat prior to stripping it down?
More please
Shane.
shane BBoys

Postby dickie » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:06 am

1 thing you need to remember is that she is a Spanyard and that they do not sit as nice and lovely as an Italian ( I’m going to get in trouble now ) but hey I’ve typed it I’ll stand by it. Did you really look at how it all sat prior to stripping it down?
More please
Shane.

No, to be honest I just tore into. Lesson learned I guess.

It did allegedly get a dry build before paint, but maybe a little rushed as it sits nicer without the rubbers, cables etc.

It'll get sorted one way or another, but I've sort of lost my mojo for time being.
dickie

Postby dickie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:49 pm

1 thing you need to remember is that she is a Spanyard and that they do not sit as nice and lovely as an Italian ( I’m going to get in trouble now ) but hey I’ve typed it I’ll stand by it.

Spent a bit of time browsing t'interweb for spanish series 2s. Many were much better fit than mine, but many were pretty much the same. And I'm talking about original complete bikes here.

So I'm going to spend a bit of time pulling metal about and swearing. The leggies may come off again, but I'm not keen on that as the hidden master and wiring for the instruments were a bit of a pain.

Just need to give myself a kick up the arse. Especially as I have a series 3 I need to get a start on.
dickie

Postby Knowledge » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:27 pm

I used a Spanish S2 frame as the basis of my GP copy and I cut the entire top pressing off to allow the back end to be covered with a one-piece fibre glass cover. It was only when I was cutting it off that I saw how wonky the original top pressing had been welded on.

I guess this is of little help when you were hoping for a better outcome from your labours, Dickie. I feel for you, but don’t give up. It is a winter model, and that alone will be enough for me to stop and have a chat.
Knowledge

Postby dickie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:39 pm

The sun is shining and I found my misplaced mojo.

My mate came round and gave me a hand with getting the panel gap something like, then I took it out on its maiden voyage. And ran out of petrol......luckily the petrol station is at the bottom of the hill, so all was good.

Rides nice and feels quicker than the Dyno says. Now it's time to start riding it.
ImageLambretta li150 winter model by richardhenderson1968, on Flickr

Start my next project tomorrow
dickie

Postby Solid Air » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Very nice and a great day for it's debut 8-)

dickie wrote:Start my next project tomorrow

...the phrase "glutton for punishment" springs to mind :lol:
Solid Air

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Worth it in the end. You might have mentioned it before, but what seat is that?
ToBoldlyGo

Postby Toddy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:41 pm

Looks spot on we’ll done buddy :D
Toddy

Postby dickie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:43 pm

ToBoldlyGo wrote:Worth it in the end. You might have mentioned it before, but what seat is that?

It's the original el tigre but I gave it to Andy Nixon to recover. I pretty much gave him carte Blanche with my remit being "black with grey piping but in the style of a period aftermarket seat". I'm amazed at how comfortable it is. Only done 10 miles on it though.
Last edited by dickie on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dickie

Postby dickie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:05 pm

Knowledge wrote:I used a Spanish S2 frame as the basis of my GP copy and I cut the entire top pressing off to allow the back end to be covered with a one-piece fibre glass cover. It was only when I was cutting it off that I saw how wonky the original top pressing had been welded on.

I guess this is of little help when you were hoping for a better outcome from your labours, Dickie. I feel for you, but don’t give up. It is a winter model, and that alone will be enough for me to stop and have a chat.

Actually your words brought me good dose of solace and inspired me into getting off my lazy self-pitying arse to get the job finished. Thanks. I'm not much of a rally goer, but it'll be at the WWSC black adder rally.

Thanks to everyone who helped either with advice or directly: particularly Darren Scott (dsc) and Shaun Burns (RIP).

There's no way someone like me could build such a nice lambretta in their garage without the help of LCGB.
dickie

Postby Scooterdude » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Very nice mate. Seat looks interesting were did you get it from?
Scooterdude

Postby dickie » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:36 pm

Scooterdude wrote:Very nice mate. Seat looks interesting were did you get it from?

Thanks. 2 posts earlier.
dickie

PreviousNext

Return to Show Your Ride