LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

New Addition

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: New Addition

Postby Digger » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Marcos.... :D
Digger

Postby coaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:24 pm

johnnyXS wrote:have you tried the Hycote Double acrylic concentrated cans yet ?...... or is it like the new 'concentrated spray deodrant' .................same stuff but half as much as before, for the same price :lol:

Ok I gotta ask what is that car in the background thats teasing my memory cells :roll:

I used HiCoat for the white bits, it's pretty good at covering but single pack acrylic will dissolve if petrol is spilt on it. I have since used 2k clear on top of metallic and solid paint to get a great shine and it's immune to petrol 8-)
The car is my 1970 Marcos ;)
coaster

Postby xenia1 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:20 pm

coaster wrote:
johnnyXS wrote:have you tried the Hycote Double acrylic concentrated cans yet ?...... or is it like the new 'concentrated spray deodrant' .................same stuff but half as much as before, for the same price :lol:

Ok I gotta ask what is that car in the background thats teasing my memory cells :roll:

I used HiCoat for the white bits, it's pretty good at covering but single pack acrylic will dissolve if petrol is spilt on it. I have since used 2k clear on top of metallic and solid paint to get a great shine and it's immune to petrol 8-)
The car is my 1970 Marcos ;)

Ive found the ones you can have mixed to your own colour (Holts) with the variable spray head cover superbly and the finish is the next best thing to a spray gun. The Hycote double acrylic are pretty good too and cover very easily without need for too much over coating.
Your Marcos is a great looking thing Colin (even better in the flesh).. 8-)
xenia1

Postby foremanbob » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Been a while... lots of beer as been downed... options cogitated...

Sold my series 2.

Got the Nitromors out and tried cleaning the yellow paint off, and found the original white paint under yellow....

ImageStripping by Robert Burns, on Flickr

ImageStripping by Robert Burns, on Flickr

Sent original engine to Oiltek for the big block conversion in January and got the case back at start of May in same condition I sent it ☹️ So 200 casing purchased...

Still not happy with paint look and got fed up burning fingers with nitromors

So off to blasters

ImageUntitled by Robert Burns, on Flickr

And quickly off to painters... before rust set in

Just got bits back.... sneak preview

foremanbob

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride