LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

"Something That I Said....

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: "Something That I Said....

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:57 pm

Well, I'd hoped to have this all done by now but I'm not especially happy with the way it's running with the carb being so close to the series 3 panel (this is third scoot this engine has been in but never in a slimstyle).

So, I purchased a new GT manifold to route the carb to the left side and, hence, give the carb more room to put the Breathe Sweet filter back on. I've treated it to a new set of reeds although I don't think there was anything wrong with the old ones.

This is where I'm at. You can see that the carb to frame gap is very tight now, whereas it was miles away from the frame before:

Other stuff:

The reverse pull front drum brake has improved with bedding in. I'm relatively happy with it.

The old MB Clubman is a bit rattly inside. Some of the baffles are loose (I'm not sure whether it's the main one or not) but I'm a bit undecided as to whether to cut it open. I'll leave it until after Scarborough and decide then:

If it behaves itself, I may even treat it to a blast and paint 8-)
Storkfoot

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:59 pm

The first post I made on this thread implied that I'd have this sorted in three months, or so. Six months later, it is done :roll:

Storkfoot

Postby coaster » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:24 pm

Looks lovely Paul, if only as was as far advanced as you :oops: I did get the internal disc working and I've actually ridden it 2 whole miles. Jetting is way out as it bogs like crazy at about 3/4 throttle :(
coaster

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride