LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

4 Lambrettas stolen from Rotherham

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

4 Lambrettas stolen from Rotherham

Postby Sticky » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:47 am

For more info on the missing scooters see https://www.scooterlab.uk/cctv-lambretta-theft-rotherham-video/

Re: 4 Lambrettas stolen from Rotherham

Postby Garbo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:17 pm

Jeez, watching the video made me feel sick.
I hope the scoots turn up OK and the thieving scum get what they truly deserve!!
Garbo

Postby Watfordwhite » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Well the rally master should be easy to find. Quite distinctive and a rare beast. I would be gutted if they were mine.
Watfordwhite

Postby gaz_powell » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Agree it does make you feel sick when you see this.

I don't think these will be sold as complete bikes, they'll be stripped - they are all to distinctive.

If the twats get caught nowt will happen to them, vehicle theft, especially "scooters" which includes the cheapo 50 cc type autos is not seen as big time crime, combined with the misguided believe by the state that the insurance will sort out the owners loss......the honest man is on the hiding to nothing unlike the scrum that steal them.
gaz_powell

Postby Shaunmc » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:40 pm

I know how bad I felt last September when I had just one scoot pinched, so can only imagine how bad it is to have 4 snatched. I only hope he gets some kinda good news regarding the whereabouts of his scoots.
Fingers crossed mate.
Shaunmc

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:04 am

The body language of the two thieves in the CCTV footage suggests that they are no strangers to Lambrettas. We may take it for granted, but look @ how they wheel them away with the bikes on their right just as many of us do, to avoid the kickstart.

It’s a shame to say, but we have had Vipers in our midst for years & they will know precisely how to capitalise on their ill gotten gains.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Timexit17 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:09 am

Have to agree.

Someone, somewhere in 'the scootering community' knows who these people are and is just as guilty as the thieves themselves in not speaking up.

This is not a victimless crime -insurance doesn't cover everything and certainly doesn't compensate for the grief & stress.
Insurance also is a business and like any business, it has to get any money paid out back in - so it's us, the customers that pay for it.
Timexit17

Postby modster79 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:34 am

Totally agree with the last two comments, makes you sick to the stomach to see someone's pride and joy being taken.
modster79

Postby Sticky » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:49 am

Hopefully we'll find out about this getting resolved. The CCTV went viral, not only on SLUK but even the Daily Star ran the story online so they might well be too hot to handle and get returned like Chuck's did.

We've got an article planned for ScooterLab.UK that might really set the cat amongst the pigeons in the murky world of what happens to stolen scooter, but with people like this openly trying to sell log-books online for £250 it only encourages theft.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282450100613

Postby northernpete » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:The body language of the two thieves in the CCTV footage suggests that they are no strangers to Lambrettas. We may take it for granted, but look @ how they wheel them away with the bikes on their right just as many of us do, to avoid the kickstart.

It’s a shame to say, but we have had Vipers in our midst for years & they will know precisely how to capitalise on their ill gotten gains.

My thoughts too when I first saw this....not the first time they pushed a scooter.... :x
northernpete

Postby Meds » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:28 pm

We are a relatively small community and any parts being sold I'll be aimed at our community.
Its our decision who we buy from, so If we buy from reputable known individuals or dealers and flag up dodgy individuals we can make life harder and less profitable for the thieves.
I have seen it done on this forum and Facebook with scam adverts but not with dodgy parts?
Meds

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 pm

First I've seen of this and on my manor too, sickening!!!
SlackerThePinstriper

Postby dave411 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:30 am

Sticky wrote:Hopefully we'll find out about this getting resolved. The CCTV went viral, not only on SLUK but even the Daily Star ran the story online so they might well be too hot to handle and get returned like Chuck's did.

We've got an article planned for ScooterLab.UK that might really set the cat amongst the pigeons in the murky world of what happens to stolen scooter, but with people like this openly trying to sell log-books online for £250 it only encourages theft.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282450100613

Is this legal?
dave411

Postby Timexit17 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:30 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282450100613[/quote]

Is this legal?[/quote]

No, it's not legal. Not all all legal.

A V5 can only be 'sold' along with the frame as a bare minimum, not 'part of the frame' (unless realistically rebuildable into a complete bike) and certainly not on its own.

The seller has been silly in listing this and the 'trader' at a parts fair is being openly & blatantly dishonest by making any sort of offer for the documents only.

I have sympathy with them of course but surely they would have been paid out for their stolen bike by the insurance company? (obviously not after reading the auction as it wasn't insured).

If the LI was reported stolen then the documents are worthless anyway as the new buyer will find out when they try & register anything with it.
If I had any confidence the local plods stolen vehicle squad would take any (let alone effective) action on these sort of things I'd be laughing out loud at the consequences of such a sale for both seller & buyer.

There is only one reason why someone buys documents on their own (or with frame parts they have no intention of using to build a whole bike around for that matter) and it's fraud - to fake a new identity for something else.

This is against bays listing policies and more importantly against the law.

The sort of scumbags that stole these scooters from Rotherham can either split parts down or 'ring' scooters thanks to naive and stupid sellers like this one or dishonest traders like the one mentioned in the advert.
At least without such stupidity and dishonesty from those within the scene it would leave thieves the option of breaking for parts and having the frame itself and engine (cases) as worthless, rather than being able to give them a new (fake) identity.

I have reported this auction to eBay and I would urge all other ebayers to do the same.
Last edited by Timexit17 on Mon May 01, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timexit17

Postby Bilko » Mon May 01, 2017 5:30 pm

£191 for a V5 Oh dear
Bilko

Postby Timexit17 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:59 pm

I'm frankly astonished it's still on eBay as I've reported it twice personally.
It's quite clearly against eBay listings in any case.

F**k them both if the DVLA refuse the documents transfer is all I can say, hopefully there'll be a few years of failure to Sorn fines thrown in too.
Timexit17

Postby Gtwildcat » Mon May 01, 2017 9:51 pm

I hope they die of Aids
Gtwildcat

Postby modster79 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Your an harsh man Mr Cartwright :D :D
modster79

Postby Gtwildcat » Wed May 03, 2017 8:37 am

I cant help it Terry, total thieving bastards.
Gtwildcat

Postby modster79 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Totally agree mate.
modster79

Next

Return to Show Your Ride