LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Order of things i need to do to register

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Order of things i need to do to register

Postby dave999 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Have read many of your stories in this section of the board in respect to DVLA and registration...
most of you have NOVA certs or an old log book and i don't. this worries me

just wanted feedback on my plan

i have 2 lambrettas purchased a long time ago. Both dismantled. neither is likely, although i can't be sure, to have had a UK reg ever or at least since it all got computerised.

One is an Eibar LI 125 Series 3, a model never sold here, made between 66 and 73 (its a spanish built italian scooter, the only spanishness is the engine mount gusseting all the rest like an italian scoot) it is complete with original engine, and all parts, but its all in boxes
One is a 1965 TV175 that i have most of i.e frame forks engine headset + most bolt on body bits and parts.... its also in boxes engine number is about 100 out from frame so pretty sure its not original but not the wrong year

I have no paperwork for either
the LI is likely to be an import but i did not import it and it was not sold to me as an import
the TV could be a UK bike or an Import

do i build and restore and then try to register
or try to register first

current plan
1) frame and engine and parts photos into LCGB and potentially perry lewis to get date letters
2) letter + v112 and V55/5 and see how we go. SORN both until built
3) hope nobody wants to come and see them

Other plan
plough £1000s into both over the next few years and try to register them when done.
potentially risking not 1 but 2 white elephants that can not be registered or are flagged as ringers

i'm inclined to go with option 1 and cross my fingers.....

the receipt i got from the seller is long gone and was worthless anyway 2x lambretta sold as seen etc.

easy to procrastinate when you cant see a sensible route forward
Any tips ?

Dave
dave999

Re: Order of things i need to do to register

Postby Toddy » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:03 am

There will be people along giving you their advice as a few on here have been through it .

You will neeed to build both scooters to register them as you will more than likely need an inspection to register or if your lucky you may not , you dont need to spend thousands just put them together so they look like a complete scooter , dont need to start or have lights

You will need to go down the v55/5 route and you will require NOVA docs to register both if you have no relevant info on the one you think may be UK registered by relevant info i mean original V5 as that is usually what DVLA require unless you can obtain a document from the local goverment office where the scooter was registerd which has the frame number on

All the info you need for Dating letter application is on our website (Link below)

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/register.html

Im sure ive missed something :lol:

Hope this helps
Toddy

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:01 pm

Couple of things to add to what Paul Todd has said above:-

Please do not contact Perry Lewis direct, I will do that for you.

Never ever mention a box of bits to DVLA!!

A large percentage are being inspected now especially ones which are MOT exempt so chancing they won't get inspected is a bad idea. Build them first either restored or unrestored.

Any other questions PM me, ring me or email me.

Richard Oswald
LCGB Registrar
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby dave999 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:28 pm

advice noted gents

many thanks

i'll be in touch when i have mined then out of the pit i call a garage

Dave
dave999

Postby aby » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:42 pm

The process takes about 4 months, if all is in order, I was refused a registration at first as they said my scoot was not ride able from the photos sent in.
From memory the nova part is the easiest, my scoot was an Italian import so just got a dating letter filled in the forms and sent frame and engine rubbings.
I never had an inspection when i resubmitted (a different inspector signed it off)
So in your case I would get it looking finished before sending photos, I was helped in the process from a guy online who even helped type cover letters for me when needed.
If I can find his blog I will post it here
aby

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 am

aby wrote:The process takes about 4 months, if all is in order, I was refused a registration at first as they said my scoot was not ride able from the photos sent in.
From memory the nova part is the easiest, my scoot was an Italian import so just got a dating letter filled in the forms and sent frame and engine rubbings.
I never had an inspection when i resubmitted (a different inspector signed it off)
So in your case I would get it looking finished before sending photos, I was helped in the process from a guy online who even helped type cover letters for me when needed.
If I can find his blog I will post it here

Sorry but I disagree. If all is in order it takes two weeks and if an inspection is required then three to four weeks.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby rossclark » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:48 pm

When I did mine I found that getting it MOTd resulted in it not getting inspected and when I sent in the paperwork I got my number back in about 10 days.

My assumption here is that the MOT confirmed that it was a complete and roadworthy vehicle and that the numbers matched the documents as it was MOTd on the frame number, and that this means no need for another inspection.
rossclark

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:05 am

My last one took 2 weeks over Xmas - so less than 10 working days

No MOT submitted and no inspection required. Previous two had been MOT'd on frame number.

NOVA can be done online (and therefore get a NOVA number immediately) with a little imagination and creative thinking - otherwise just send for the form and wait for the number to come back.
bookertmgs1

Return to Frequently Asked Questions