LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

MOT exempt ?

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Re: MOT exempt ?

Postby JK240 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

I've recently sorn'd my 1964 Eibar (first registered in the UK 2017). It was MOT'd for its registration process however this expires on the 7th of December.

My question is will it be MOT exempt when I've restored it and come around to re-licencing for the road?

Thanks,

JK.
JK240

Postby Rich Oswald » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 pm

JK240 wrote:I've recently sorn'd my 1964 Eibar (first registered in the UK 2017). It was MOT'd for its registration process however this expires on the 7th of December.

My question is will it be MOT exempt when I've restored it and come around to re-licencing for the road?

Thanks,

JK.

Yes

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby JK240 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
JK240 wrote:I've recently sorn'd my 1964 Eibar (first registered in the UK 2017). It was MOT'd for its registration process however this expires on the 7th of December.

Thanks,

JK.

Yes

Rich'

Thanks Rich, I thought so, but wasn't certain :D
JK240

Postby Fast n Furious » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Some say,
Its best to "declare it as exempt" when you come to tax it at the post office by filling out a V112 form.
However..... I managed to tax one of mine "on-line" earlier this year without declaring it as MOT exempt.
I'm presuming, in this case, that because it was already recognised as a VHI on the V5 that this proved satisfactory and so my zero rated tax was granted without it showing as having a valid MOT?
Fast n Furious

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:01 am

Fast n Furious wrote:Some say,
Its best to "declare it as exempt" when you come to tax it at the post office by filling out a V112 form.
However..... I managed to tax one of mine "on-line" earlier this year without declaring it as MOT exempt.
I'm presuming, in this case, that because it was already recognised as a VHI on the V5 that this proved satisfactory and so my zero rated tax was granted without it showing as having a valid MOT?

I have advised the use of a V112 form on our website, however I think this is mainly for vehicles which have just fallen into the VHI category owing to the new rules and weren't previously exempt.. IE: One's manufactured between 1/1/60 and 1/1/78 (1/1/79 from Jan 1st 2019).

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Fast n Furious » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Mine was a September 75 Rich.
Taxed it on-line without an MOT back in August this year. Never have filled out a V112 for it.
Of course, it depends who at the DVLA you get to deal with your applications and "pot luck" will ensue.
With my luck, it will probably backfire on me next year. :(
Fast n Furious

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Questions