LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

TDR 250 rev counter...

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

TDR 250 rev counter...

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Years ago I was assured, by a sorted Lambretta, whose opinion I respect but have now lost contact with, street tuner type that I could get one (early 9t's model) to work on the 'bretta. I've just dug out the rev counter, does anyone out there have a clue - A - if this is possible. B - how to go about it (wiring it up etc)? With thanx in advance!
Andy B.L.C.

Re: TDR 250 rev counter...

Postby dickie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:43 am

Tdr250 is a 2 stroke twin so will have two pulses per revolution, like varitronic. However it runs cdi and (probaby) has an independant tacho signal reducing it to one pulse per revolution.

It runs a dc based ignition sytem though, so the pulse shape and amplitude will be different.

Easy enough to hook up a 12v dc supply to and maybe the trigger pulse from your pick up will be able to fire the rev counter. If that doesn't work, try hooking it up to the low tension pulse. Don't try the ht pulse or you'll probably blow it.
dickie

Return to Frequently Asked Questions