LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Registration

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Registration

Postby gazzar15 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:47 pm

I have a 1962 series 3 LI that was a 125 and will be a 175 when completed over the next few months. The dating letter I have needs renewing which I know what I need to do to get a new one but with my scoot now mot exempt how do I get a first registration? Do I now just registered without one?
I will have it done before I use it for peace of mind just wondering about new requirement
gazzar15

Re: Registration

Postby dickie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Just done one. Same as before, but no need to get an mot.

The dvla sent an inspector out though. He checked frame and engine number and also that it looked and smelt like a lambretta. I assumed he knew nowt about them, but was asking me if I'd ever heard of some bloke called mike karslake who he'd known a few years ago. Said he'd bought 2 lambrettas from him!
dickie

Postby Rich Oswald » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:02 am

dickie wrote:Just done one. Same as before, but no need to get an mot.

The dvla sent an inspector out though. He checked frame and engine number and also that it looked and smelt like a lambretta. I assumed he knew nowt about them, but was asking me if I'd ever heard of some bloke called mike karslake who he'd known a few years ago. Said he'd bought 2 lambrettas from him!

Just out of interest Dickie, did you send a V112 form off with your application or did they accept it without one?

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby dickie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:33 am

Rich Oswald wrote:Just out of interest Dickie, did you send a V112 form off with your application or did they accept it without one?

Rich'

No rich, I didn't, but somewhere on the v55/5 I put it down as being historic, so I guess that negated the need for a v112? I think they returned all paperwork, so I'll have a look tonight and post a scanned copy if I have it.
dickie

Postby dickie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 pm

I don't have a copy, but this is what I followed. Dead easy

http://www.vhra.co.uk/VHRA/News/Entries/2015/4/22_Registration_Guide.html
dickie

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 pm

dickie wrote:I don't have a copy, but this is what I followed. Dead easy

http://www.vhra.co.uk/VHRA/News/Entries/2015/4/22_Registration_Guide.html

Thanks Dickie

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Return to Frequently Asked Questions