LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Posting pictures

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Posting pictures

Postby clyde » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Can't seem to get them to upload....how/why i dont know.
Not many photos lately on any post so must be a problem....
clyde

Re: Posting pictures

Postby Norrie Bodge » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:51 am

clyde wrote:Can't seem to get them to upload....how/why i dont know.
Not many photos lately on any post so must be a problem....

i use this webpage - https://postimages.org/

really easy, choose your image, upload it, then when done just copy & paste the option - Hotlink for forums:
Norrie Bodge

Postby Scooterdude » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Why do they make it so difficult, ie using third party hosting sites etc. Why can’t it be easy like putting pictures on fb etc?
Scooterdude

Postby rossclark » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:50 pm

I don't know how this site is hosted but space costs money, as does bandwidth. Some hosting services charge in and out.

If you start letting anyone upload stuff to your site it can quickly get out of control.
rossclark

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Scooterdude wrote:Why do they make it so difficult, ie using third party hosting sites etc. Why can’t it be easy like putting pictures on fb etc?

Not sure who you mean when you say "they" but I haven't posted a single pic' since Photobucket stopped us, probably through laziness but I just tried on "Show us your S Type" using Norrie Bodge's link above and I can't believe how easy it was. Try it you may be surprised.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Ranburetta » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:Why do they make it so difficult, ie using third party hosting sites etc. Why can’t it be easy like putting pictures on fb etc?

Not sure who you mean when you say "they" but I haven't posted a single pic' since Photobucket stopped us, probably through laziness but I just tried on "Show us your S Type" using Norrie Bodge's link above and I can't believe how easy it was. Try it you may be surprised.

Rich'

Read their Ts&Cs first though - as is usually the case you get owt for nowt!
Ranburetta

Return to Frequently Asked Questions