LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Advice needed on front rack.

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Advice needed on front rack.

Postby Scooterdude » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Looking at getting a decent front rack for series 3, got to be easy to fit/remove, and what is the max weight you can load on one?
Scooterdude

Re: Advice needed on front rack.

Postby nickw » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:21 pm

Just seen this! If you still need an answer, most front racks clip on easily but have lugs which need tightening up. I think most front racks are like this. I did use bungie cords once to hold in place and this made it fairly easy to remove/put on. I took mine off because any load usually caused problems at night with the front light. Also anything 'heavy' caused problems with steering.
nickw

Re: Advice needed on front rack.

Postby Scooterdude » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am

nickw wrote:Just seen this! If you still need an answer, most front racks clip on easily but have lugs which need tightening up. I think most front racks are like this. I did use bungie cords once to hold in place and this made it fairly easy to remove/put on. I took mine off because any load usually caused problems at night with the front light. Also anything 'heavy' caused problems with steering.

Jesus wept!! An actual reply, thanks Nick. No i was originally asking as I wasn’t sure weather to get one with a fixed or drop down front carrier, ive done some research and think I’ll go with a set of throw-overs instead now.
Scooterdude

Return to Frequently Asked Questions