LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Insurance

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Insurance

Postby Norfolk » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:31 am

Hi guys, just wondering what insurance company is offering the best rate, I have just received a renewal quote and it is over £30 more than for my classic Triumph Herald !
Thanks in advance
Norfolk

Re: Insurance

Postby MickYork » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:30 am

Most of the insurance companies tend to play the game. Basically get a quote from one company, tell another company that quote and they'll beat it, go back to the original company and they'll beat that as well :roll:

My quote came in at over £200 last year, nearly £80 more than the previous. I phoned up and they said the quote renewals are automatically generated, with no discounts. They noted my previous years cost and immediately reduced it with a £5 increase. Bit of a joke really and i'm not naive enough to believe the bulls**t they told me.

Bottom line is phone around till you get tired or bored. Quotes can vary wildly even from the same company.
MickYork

Postby rossclark » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:18 am

Unfortunately insurance is one of those games where it's impossible to say who will give YOU the best deal as there's so many individual factors involved.

As said the best way is to phone round the usual suspects and remember to quote your LCGB membership.
rossclark

Postby Norfolk » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Thanks for the replies, will be busy on the phone this week.
Norfolk

Postby St George » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 pm

I have a 650 BSA, a 500 Triumph and my 200 cc Scoot all for £90 with Footman James. I am old.
St George

Return to Frequently Asked Questions