LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

DVLA Rejection

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

DVLA Rejection

Postby jdevane5 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi,

I'm after a bit of advise, recently sent my first UK registration for a Lambretta LD Mk2 1953 to DVLA and got rejected due to;

1.Not having the original non-UK registration doc or an export certificate -All I have is the receipt/invoice from the person in Belgium I bought it from which shows VAT paid ( I sent a copy of this doc not the orginal doc to the DVLA).

I also included a letter stating the scooter was never originally manufactured with a speedometer -DVLA advised they cannot register the scooter without a speedo fitted?
DVLA also state the scooter must be in a restored condition to register.

I did include in my registration application;
-V55/5 and cheque for £55
-cert of authentication from LCGB.
-Photocopy of the invoice /receipt.
-Nova details.
-Signed letter stating where I got the scooter from and a statement about the speedo not being part of the original factory build.

Any help / advise welcome.

Cheers
Jon D
jdevane5

Re: DVLA Rejection

Postby Rich Oswald » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:01 pm

jdevane5 wrote:Hi,

I'm after a bit of advise, recently sent my first UK registration for a Lambretta LD Mk2 1953 to DVLA and got rejected due to;

1.Not having the original non-UK registration doc or an export certificate -All I have is the receipt/invoice from the person in Belgium I bought it from which shows VAT paid ( I sent a copy of this doc not the orginal doc to the DVLA).

I also included a letter stating the scooter was never originally manufactured with a speedometer -DVLA advised they cannot register the scooter without a speedo fitted?
DVLA also state the scooter must be in a restored condition to register.

I did include in my registration application;
-V55/5 and cheque for £55
-cert of authentication from LCGB.
-Photocopy of the invoice /receipt.
-Nova details.
-Signed letter stating where I got the scooter from and a statement about the speedo not being part of the original factory build.

Any help / advise welcome.

Cheers
Jon D

Hi Jon,

Give me a call on Sunday

Rich'
LCGB Registrar
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby jdevane5 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:39 pm

HI Rich,

Sent back a carefully worded letter along with original VAT invoice and now have DVLA coming out to check frame and engine number next week.

Cheers for all your help, I should be set now.

Jonathan
jdevane5

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:54 pm

jdevane5 wrote:HI Rich,

Sent back a carefully worded letter along with original VAT invoice and now have DVLA coming out to check frame and engine number next week.

Cheers for all your help, I should be set now.

Jonathan

Great stuff, happy to help.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Return to Frequently Asked Questions