LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Side panel rubbers

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Side panel rubbers

Postby citydaz » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi Guys,
need some help / advice please. Im doing the dry build for my DL150, ive bought some side panel rubbers, (from a reputable dealer) and fitted them to the loop.
However, when i offer up the side panels they catch and rub against the bare metal of the loop. The rubber doesn't seem to come up from the trough high enough to cover where the panel mates to the frame. There is about a 5mm gap. On my Li125 series 3, the rubber is clearly visible, about 4mm above the height of the sidepanel. The sidepanels are a good fit.
Are the rubbers not wide enough, buy from another source, or do i need to reduce the height of the trough slightly with a dremel?
citydaz

Re: Side panel rubbers

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:35 am

Hell no, don't make them shallower, your panels will fall off without doubt. Get some better rubbers.
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby citydaz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:48 pm

Cheers, yes, i stiff letter of complaint to the supplier will be sent.
citydaz

Postby trotsky » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi Citydaz ,
it's a problem i've been having with my GP- i must have about 6 pairs of rubbers from every supplier! Wenders just rolls her eyes :oops:. They are either too shallow, too stiff like plastic, or keep folding over on the top! I was told years ago that the best ones are Spanish ones if you can find any originals?

The best ones i've found are the latest Rimini ones, they are as deep as you'll find (but could be ideally a tad deeper), nice rubber & they have been re-moulded to help stop them folding over, which they do.

May not sort your problem, but might help in some way?

Good luck, Steve.
trotsky

Postby citydaz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks for the update - now i know im not alone!
I quick call to Mike Phoenix confirmed that they are not wide enough by about 4mm.
I will try another supplier.
citydaz

Postby citydaz » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:35 pm

Another supplier tried, another rubber that is insufficiently deep.
The first supplier is going to get both barrels next week as their initial response was very dismissive.
citydaz

Postby Scooterdude » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:11 am

A reputable dealer, this supplier, that supplier, what is this some kind of guessing game or secret society ffs? If you say were your buying them from it will not only help us out in trying to help you it will help others in knowing what to avoid or what fits when they need some.

For what it’s worth i fitted Scootopia ones, nice supple rubber and a very nice fit but did get two small points of contact after a while on the frame loop. I then found the Casa ones that were of a similar good quality but stand slightly taller on the frame loop so if fitted from day one would have avoided the frame being rubbed..
Scooterdude

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:52 pm

Scooterdude wrote:A reputable dealer, this supplier, that supplier, what is this some kind of guessing game or secret society ffs? If you say were your buying them from it will not only help us out in trying to help you it will help others in knowing what to avoid or what fits when they need some.

For what it’s worth i fitted Scootopia ones, nice supple rubber and a very nice fit but did get two small points of contact after a while on the frame loop. I then found the Casa ones that were of a similar good quality but stand slightly taller on the frame loop so if fitted from day one would have avoided the frame being rubbed..

I would hope you'd read them but it is against forum rules to criticise a dealer on this forum. If you need to know any details please PM the OP, thanks,

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Scooterdude » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:A reputable dealer, this supplier, that supplier, what is this some kind of guessing game or secret society ffs? If you say were your buying them from it will not only help us out in trying to help you it will help others in knowing what to avoid or what fits when they need some.

I would hope you'd read them but it is against forum rules to criticise a dealer on this forum. If you need to know any details please PM the OP, thanks,

Rich'
Ok no problem sorry about that.
Scooterdude

Postby citydaz » Sun May 17, 2020 9:12 pm

problem solved, finally got some indian SIL rubbers, fit like a glove!
citydaz

Postby Storkfoot » Sun May 24, 2020 10:51 am

Your post finally prompted me to look at mine belatedly. Belatedly in that, in one place, the panel has been in contact with the loop for a few years and as now down to primer.

I have just fitted a cheap pair of SIL ones and the panel no longer rubs. As Trotsky says though, they do ripple around the curve in the loop. Next time I order from Rimini, I may add a pair to the order.

Not a great photo but it shows that SIL are a totally different profile from the previous set (can’t recall where I got these).

Storkfoot

Postby citydaz » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Found a use for the original rubbers that didnt fit on the GP frame.....They are now on my Ves** P200e. They fit really well, with a minor modification. :lol:
citydaz

Return to Frequently Asked Questions