LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Chrome ring or not?

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Chrome ring or not?

Postby Smike » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:22 pm

I am in the process of refurbing a li125 (1966) unfortunately some parts missing and need to know how to identify whether it is chrome ring or not. The reason being an excess of paint making it difficult.

Regards

Smike
Smike

Re: Chrome ring or not?

Postby Knowledge » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:47 pm

I assume that one of the parts that is missing is any evidence of the chrome ring and/or the top steering bearing race. It would be useful to know what parts you have got, but read on.

Is there a tab welded-on at the top of the steering column tube? This will be at the rear of the top of the outside of the steering column tube. This tab would interfere with the steering lock so the handlebars could not turn. If no tab, then it is most likely a chrome ring. If there is a tab,it is definitely non-chrome ring.

If it is 1966, then I would suspect it is not a chrome ring model.
Knowledge

Postby Smike » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:19 pm

Thanks for the info. Having looked at the area there is only a clamp at the top of the fork tube. The parts missing include the horncast and I didn't want to purchase the wrong type!

Regards Smike
Smike

Postby Andyf » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:25 pm

have u got the headset?
Andyf

Postby Smike » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:53 am

Yes, the scoot is almost complete. The horncast and bridge piece seem to be the only parts missing, (I have just purchased a replacement handlebar top which was also missing) The work completed so far is a complete engine rebuild and conversion to 12 volt and electronic ignition. I am now starting on the frame and panels.

Regards Smike
Smike

Postby Andyf » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:44 pm

how far is it between the steering lock and the bottom of the headset?
Andyf

Postby Smike » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Back to the chrome ring problem, I have pics of the parts
Smike

Return to Frequently Asked Questions