LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Any MOT experts able to advise me please?

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Any MOT experts able to advise me please?

Postby mickey c » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi all
I've just taken my latest project for its 1st MOT. It was a barn find and so insured on the frame no. I doubt I will get the original reg no.
Problem was that my MOT guy could log the frame no with DVLA to start the MOT, there wasn't even the option of 'Lambretta' or putting the info in manually. He has done this previously with 2 imported scooters he has done for me! We were both very confused and not sure how to progress this! Has the DVLA changed procedure recently or anyone know what / how to tell the MOT what he needs to do?
On top of this, the scooter now won't start & Carole Nash would only take the scooter to another MOT station, they said legally they couldn't take me the 2 miles home! A very disappointing morning!
mickey c

Re: Any MOT experts able to advise me please?

Postby citydaz » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:21 pm

From memory when I took my imported rusteration in for its first MOT, I had a similar problem.
The drop down menu on the MOT system didnt have Lambretta as an option, but he just entered the frame number.
You could take a look on the government website about MOTs you might find some useful information there.
Generally MOT testers dont have a clue about the finer points of MOT regulations & requirements.
good luck.
citydaz

Postby Watfordwhite » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Had mine registered under Innocenti then model Lambretta LI.
Worked fine.
Watfordwhite

Postby mickey c » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 pm

I did get it sorted eventually but took a 2nd attempt with having either DVLA or DVSA (can't remember which, I spoke to both) on speaker phone as a very helpful staff member talked us through the process.
mickey c

Return to Frequently Asked Questions