LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Incorrect age on logbook

Might be worth while looking in here first, as we post the most frequently asked questions within here!

Incorrect age on logbook

Postby BigBilly » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi
Is it possible to correct the age on a V5
I have a S1 li 125 with the air hole in frame so technically a 58:59
The V5 has it at 1962
Right here's the problem the frame number is li125* 93xxxx which does not seem to fit in with the S1 models but more like S2
Engine number 516xxx

So can I get it dated correctly if I take a rubbing and pay my money?
Would photos help in the process?

Cheers

Jim
BigBilly

Re: Incorrect age on logbook

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:22 pm

In a word ...NO! That is a LI150 SII sequence No from 1961, so it would be impossible for me to date it as a 58/59 S1 or as a 125 despite the frame number. Not sure what you have got there but it sure isn't a S1 even though it may look like one. I would just cut your losses and stick with what you have got.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby BigBilly » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:15 pm

Yeh I thought that would be the answer - I can assure you the frame is an early series 1- I still have all the ordinal fittings for it, that were attached, and them frame has all the correct features.
This is a uk registered bike since 62 according to V5 which would tie in with your s2 numbers but it's not I got it in original condition.
Oh well
Guess it will have to stay as is
BigBilly

Postby rossclark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Is it possible it was originally an S2 and that the frame was replaced with an earlier one and restamped sometime in its life?
rossclark

Postby BigBilly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:53 pm

It's a possibility, I was also told it could have had a frame replacement due to accident and also that the factory used up some series one frames that had been stood unused.
I had looked into the strange number quite a few years back, both here and BLA I was told by BLA there was one other series one they knew of with strange numbers.

I'm no purist, I'm a rider I've got 4 on the road all kept up together, I was just hoping for one less to have to MOT
BigBilly

Postby BigBilly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:45 pm

I said it was a possibility, but only if they decided to build a late series two on an early one frame.
A series two didn't have the groove at top of frame for the clip to hold rubber, or the hole out in frame for the carb feed.
But later S1 and all S2 had the intake under seat and filter between toolbox and tank.
BigBilly

Return to Frequently Asked Questions