LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

No jeans! No greens! No Casuals!

Whether you have seen an advert on the tv, a program ude on, sales leaflets, web sites, or other, discuss all forms of Lambretta media material in here.

No jeans! No greens! No Casuals!

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:45 pm

A 2020 published book by Roger Allen detailing the story of the London Scooter Clubs 1979 - 1985. Self publishing at its very best...! The wobbly cam accounts of Bournemouth & Brighton '81 filled in some of the missing jigsaw pieces of my 1st tentative ventures, as a 15 year old sprog Mod, into the scoot scene, the memory of packs of boneheads hunting down lone Mods will never leave me.... Just as a snap shot, a tale of the 1 owner Grimstead TV that got cut down as fashions changed OUCH!!! :cry:
Andy B.L.C.

Re: No jeans! No greens! No Casuals!

Postby Tractorman » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:09 am

Three of us were riding back from Portsmouth rally many years ago and were suddenly surround by a gang of rockers and I feared the worst but the day was saved by the cavalry in the shape of Bromley Innocents. I have never seen greasers disappear so fast, always admired the Innocents ever since then.
Tractorman

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:15 pm

So that would have been before the early 80's North South divide then? WTF was that all about...?! Mods & Scooterists fighting each other when every other 'tribe' (& tribal violence ruled then, unlike the dressing up games these days...) had their sights on us...
Andy B.L.C.

Postby Tractorman » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:36 am

Still had my LI150 so it would have been before 69, probably Portsmouth Federation rally at Easter 68 . Camping on Portsdown Hill was 'fun'.
Tractorman

Return to Lambretta in the media