LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Kelso in the Guardian

Whether you have seen an advert on the tv, a program ude on, sales leaflets, web sites, or other, discuss all forms of Lambretta media material in here.

Kelso in the Guardian

Postby Andie » Tue May 31, 2016 3:57 pm

Andie

Re: Kelso in the Guardian

Postby Knowledge » Tue May 31, 2016 7:52 pm

Good quality photos. It does make you wonder why our scene is not covered in our own publications with photos of this quality.

I notice that Scootering has credited a picture desk for the first time this month. Perhaps this is the way that Dan Clare sees things going.

I'll have a word with Linda and see if she is preparing to appoint an official photographers for Jetset.
Knowledge

Postby ladsdad » Tue May 31, 2016 8:02 pm

Yes Martin that's definitely what's lacking in JetSet... Px's, vans & onesies...ffs :shock: :shock: :shock:
ladsdad

Postby Andie » Tue May 31, 2016 9:15 pm

There are more broken-down Vespas representated than lambrettas ;) - also there is a nice S1 and a few GPs
Not been to a rally since, um, Clacton 1985, as a teen, so can't comment on the acuracy of the representation. I do like seeing pictures of people's pride and joy, even if it is a scomadi...

Knowledge wrote: I'll have a word with Linda and see if she is preparing to appoint an official photographers for Jetset.

that would be fun - although jetset does do very good photos of shows.
Andie

Postby Knowledge » Tue May 31, 2016 10:28 pm

The thing that struck me about Guardian photo shoot was the "studio photos" of people with their scooters, photographed during a rally. Now rarely has there been a studio photo-set of a custom scooter in the popular scooter press, yet here was a set of nicely posed photos taken by a professional photographer taken in the hectic environment of a rally.

It just goes to show that it can be done, even in the chaos of a rally.
Knowledge

Postby speedy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Absolutely fantastic . Been without tinternet for a few months so just spotted it.It's kinda funny though.....the guardian taking an interest in us that's not a negative one. Love the studio shots as to me it actually shows the world that we too are human beings.Thanks for sharing.
speedy

Postby citydaz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Really good article, really good photos.
its a shame about the stupidity of all the comments that the article generated.
I would have expected a more enlightened view from Guardian readers, but thats the liberal metropolitan elite for you!
citydaz

Postby Toddy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:14 am

ladsdad wrote:Yes Martin that's definitely what's lacking in JetSet... Px's, vans & onesies...ffs :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Toddy

Postby modster79 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm

ladsdad wrote:Yes Martin that's definitely what's lacking in JetSet... Px's, vans & onesies...ffs :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wouldn't of been so bad if they were good fitting onesie's, if I wanted to look at a woman in an ill fitting onesie I needn't leave home :D
modster79

Return to Lambretta in the media