LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Response to Lambretta V-special at Adria

Whether you have seen an advert on the tv, a program ude on, sales leaflets, web sites, or other, discuss all forms of Lambretta media material in here.

Response to Lambretta V-special at Adria

Postby Sticky » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:49 am

Interesting responses to the launch of the V-Special.

https://www.scooterlab.uk/new-lambretta ... s-feature/

Re: Response to Lambretta V-special at Adria

Postby Digger » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion....
Digger

Postby Sticky » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 pm

Out of interest, what's yours?

Postby Digger » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:55 am

Sticky wrote:Out of interest, what's yours?

Thank you for asking Martin.

I'm fed up with being advised by journos that I've anxiously been awaiting months for news of this wonderful new scooter, I haven't.

That said, I can't believe that anyone, who can actually tie their own bootlaces, is talking about this as it were a 'real' Lambretta. I can stick a Ferrari badge on a Ford Fiesta but that doesn't make it a Ferrari. It's just another twist-and-go, plastic clad machine which bears a passing resemblance to a 50 year old scooter that went out of production in the last century, with some period logo's for added effect.

Scomadi have already stolen a march with their product as have Piaggio with the GTS. I can't see that anyone in the market for either of those two scooters would be led astray by the V-special.

If scootering is your bag but you don't want to get your hands dirty why not just go and get an X-MAX or a Burgman? Both modern, stylish machines that aren't suffering from schizophrenia.
Digger

Postby Jim Rose » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:40 am

The only thing this has going for it is the badge glued on the plastic. There are already loads of tried and tested twist and go scooters on the market to choose from. I doubt many people at the Euro are in the market for an auto so unveiling it at Adria was just a cheap stunt to try and give it some credibility.
Jim Rose

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:30 pm

So divided opinion lads :lol:
SlackerThePinstriper

Postby Mel K » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:19 pm

In "Lambretta UK's" promotional video for the unveiling they describe the EuroLambretta as a "Lambretta event" and if you didn't know otherwise it looks as if everyone has gone there for the launch alone . https://www.facebook.com/uklambretta/vi ... 323078484/
This is described as "day 2 From the new Lambretta launch
https://www.facebook.com/uklambretta/vi ... 709745712/
Mel K

Postby Sticky » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Mel K wrote:This is described as "day 2 From the new Lambretta launch
https://www.facebook.com/uklambretta/vi ... 709745712/

It actually says "Day 2 form the new Lambretta launch" - double doh!

Postby Jim Rose » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:46 am

If I didn't know better the promotion suggests that this years Euro was "hijacked" for commercial purposes. If the launch had been elsewhere the importer of the SYM would have had to pay for the genuine lambrettas to be in background! If the new SYM had been launched elsewhere the only people who would turnout would be a few journalists. As I said we all know that would not have been allowed by the LCI.

This forum is for the discussion of matters Lambretta; if we had been discussing a new Vespa or the Scomadi then this thread would have been pulled by the moderator.
Jim Rose

Postby Cgt75b » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:33 am

Has anyone actually ridden one? This would be great some feedback on how it rides.
Cgt75b

Postby Jim Rose » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Who cares? No more relevant on this forum than a SYM
Jim Rose

Postby Marty ULC » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 am

The big question is will they be covered in the next edition your spanners manual?
Marty ULC

Postby Sticky » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:48 am

Marty ULC wrote:The big question is will they be covered in the next edition your spanners manual?

The J-range is ahead of it in the queue and I'm sorry to report that Cento owners may be disappointed because I'll probably run out of space.

Postby coaster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Regardless of what we may think, there is no doubt it will sell and that they will turn up at rallies in the future much like BMW Minis turn up at classic Mini events...we may as well get used to it ;)
coaster

Postby Sticky » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Apparently the grey one was being ridden around at Vespa World Days in Celle last weekend!!!

Postby xenia1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:44 pm

Digger wrote:
Sticky wrote:Out of interest, what's yours?

Thank you for asking Martin.

I'm fed up with being advised by journos that I've anxiously been awaiting months for news of this wonderful new scooter, I haven't.

That said, I can't believe that anyone, who can actually tie their own bootlaces, is talking about this as it were a 'real' Lambretta. I can stick a Ferrari badge on a Ford Fiesta but that doesn't make it a Ferrari. It's just another twist-and-go, plastic clad machine which bears a passing resemblance to a 50 year old scooter that went out of production in the last century, with some period logo's for added effect.

Scomadi have already stolen a march with their product as have Piaggio with the GTS. I can't see that anyone in the market for either of those two scooters would be led astray by the V-special.

If scootering is your bag but you don't want to get your hands dirty why not just go and get an X-MAX or a Burgman? Both modern, stylish machines that aren't suffering from schizophrenia.

Perfectly summed up..
xenia1

Return to Lambretta in the media