LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Scooter security 101

Whether you have seen an advert on the tv, a program ude on, sales leaflets, web sites, or other, discuss all forms of Lambretta media material in here.

Scooter security 101

Postby Sticky » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:20 pm

The police now recommend as many visible locks as you can fit

https://www.scooterlab.uk/scooter-crime-sluks-top-10-anti-theft-tips-news/

Re: Scooter security 101

Postby GRTDKAD » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:48 pm

I am looking for recommendations as to what folks are using for security?

I’m thinking of one of these Kovix KAL alarmed disc locks which appear to get decent reviews. Kind of a mid-priced deterrent.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/405156
GRTDKAD

Postby Solid Air » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:06 pm

I've used a Monimoto tracker for a few years now, won't stop it getting nicked but would hopefully help to find it if it happened. A disc lock will obviously help stop an impromptu thief but won't stop a couple of blokes with a van, gone in seconds in that case.
Solid Air

Postby missing lynx » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:21 pm

Yes I think the biggest threat is a gang in a van so unless you chain it to something (and heavy duty bolt cutters will deal with most) if they want it they'll take it!! Visual deterrents are best to put off opportunists and parking in busy streets. One thing to look out for is a lot of disk locks won't fit a lammy
missing lynx

Postby GRTDKAD » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:24 pm

Solid Air wrote:I've used a Monimoto tracker for a few years now, won't stop it getting nicked but would hopefully help to find it if it happened. A disc lock will obviously help stop an impromptu thief but won't stop a couple of blokes with a van, gone in seconds in that case.

Thanks, that looks like an interesting option. Looks like they’re about to launch a new version (v7) in mid-August so will look then. Either for the new one or a discounted V6.
I’ve read the reviews, all look positive.
GRTDKAD

Postby GRTDKAD » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:26 pm

missing lynx wrote:Yes I think the biggest threat is a gang in a van so unless you chain it to something (and heavy duty bolt cutters will deal with most) if they want it they'll take it!! One thing to look out for is a lot of disk locks won't fit a lammy

Fair point. Will need to measure my front disc.
I guess I was looking for an idea what others are using.
GRTDKAD

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:07 am

Bottom line is DONT! ever leave your pride & joy on the street... At best your front mudguard will be dinged to sh*t/rear runners/sidepanels seriously scratched. Worst case scenario ped gone & that's so not nice...
Andy B.L.C.

Return to Lambretta in the media