LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

stolen scooter registry

Not for scooter questions!

Post your question if you need any help with using the forums and how they work.

stolen scooter registry

Postby pg42 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:03 pm

I have a mate thinking of buying a scoot but suspects it may be stolen. Can this be checked by registration number and if so where? Cheers.
pg42

Re: stolen scooter registry

Postby St George » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:11 pm

I would go into the local nick. They can't tell you many details but in my experience, they will give you a silent nod. you could also put the reg number through the DVLA road tax index and MOT History index. Why do you smell a rat ? The vehicle could be viewed at a home address of seller. Body language also talks. Compare V5 & frame number. You could take pictures of the scooter and get a mate to post them on F/B and on here. Please update us.
St George

Postby davla » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:47 pm

pg42 wrote:I have a mate thinking of buying a scoot but suspects it may be stolen. Can this be checked by registration number and if so where? Cheers.

TotalCarCheck.com
davla

Postby St George » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:44 pm

The frame number is the most important, must match the V5. Get a registration plate at a boot sale.
St George

Return to Forum Help