LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Quotes

Not for scooter questions!

Post your question if you need any help with using the forums and how they work.

Quotes

Postby corrado » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:13 pm

If you quote from a previous post it shows where the quote starts [with inverted commas] but there is no end to the quote so it's difficult to see, at first glance, where the quote ends and your own dialogue starts. Can the quote be made clearer, ie in a box of it's own? The inverted commas at the end of the quote [/quote] are shown in the preview of the post but missing from the actual post.
corrado

Re: Quotes

Postby torquewrench » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:53 pm

corrado wrote:If you quote from a previous post it shows where the quote starts [with inverted commas] but there is no end to the quote so it's difficult to see, at first glance, where the quote ends and your own dialogue starts. Can the quote be made clearer, ie in a box of it's own? The inverted commas at the end of the quote are shown in the preview of the post but missing from the actual post.

Maybe it's something to do with your own settings, but I always see the quoted text in a block with a different background colour, as in your above text which I quoted. (I had to eliminate the bracketed quote in the middle of your text, as the computer picked it up as the end quote).

But, I never use a smartphone for forums, only my computer.
torquewrench

Postby corrado » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Ah, so they just appear as on other forums to you Phil? No separate box or an end to the quote in my screen view.
I would look into my settings but I wouldn't know what I'm looking for.

Smartphones!!!! Takes me all my time to use a phone plugged into the wall.
corrado

Postby torquewrench » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:11 pm

corrado wrote:Ah, so they just appear as on other forums to you Phil? No separate box or an end to the quote in my screen view.
I would look into my settings but I wouldn't know what I'm looking for.

Smartphones!!!! Takes me all my time to use a phone plugged into the wall.

Yes Martin.
In replying to your last post, I clicked on the QUOTE button, and all of your text appeared in the reply box, immediately above what I am typing now.
What I see of your post is, as follows:
Open square bracket-quote="corrado"-close square bracket (Note that the dashes are mine, just for clarity).
This is followed by everything you posted, and ends with,
Open square bracket-forward slash-quote-close square bracket.

This is a bit different from the other site where we meet up, as the quoted text is initially shown in a block below the area you type into, and only merges when you have hit the Preview button.

What seems to be important is to have the correct quote configurations at the beginning and end of the quoted text.
torquewrench

Return to Forum Help