LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Images chopped

Not for scooter questions!

Post your question if you need any help with using the forums and how they work.

Images chopped

Postby Les McLean » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 pm

When I post images to the forum, I use 'Insert image' command from above, and I can view them OK on my desktop PC, but viewing on my iPad, the images are chopped (so you can only see the left half of the image)

In this post, someone else mentioned the images are 'chopped'

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The reason I use the 'insert image' rather than 'upload attachment' is that I can post them directly from my web host, rather than taking up LCGB server space.
Les McLean

Re: Images chopped

Postby Knowledge » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:50 pm

This might be a viewing issue with the iPad. All images on the forum I view through the iPad are chopped, often to the near eradication of the scooter in the photo.

I keep meaning to compare images on my iPad and my laptop to see if my assumption is correct, but then life gets in the way.
Knowledge

Postby Eden » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Its due to your screen resolution nothing else!

embedded images in this forum style have a fixed pixel width.
This issue is easily fixed by the admin.
Eden

Postby Eden » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:33 pm

to see what I mean go here
http://www.screen-resolution.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

then put the URL of the page where you have uploaded you images in the field at the top of that page then try it using a different resolution by clicking one of the different resolutions at the bottom of the page.

the rest of the forums style elements are coded to take up a % of your screen so the forum always looks the same in any resolution but the images are a set width so if the image is bigger than the area they are displayed in they get cropped from the right.
Eden

Postby Eden » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:29 pm

This problem is now fixed.

embedded images will resize to fit and not get cropped from the left. :ugeek:
Eden

Return to Forum Help