LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Page refresh rate still chronically slow !25-07-16

Not for scooter questions!

Post your question if you need any help with using the forums and how they work.

Re: Page refresh rate slow again !11-07-16

Postby Eden » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:30 pm

johnnyXS wrote:
lcgb ip.jpg
I just put in the IP address in Edens post and got this page

you would yes as that's the server IP, it bares no relevance!
Eden

Postby johnnyXS » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Eden wrote:
johnnyXS wrote:
lcgb ip.jpg
I just put in the IP address in Edens post and got this page

you would yes as that's the server IP, it bares no relevance!

ok so the problem listed hasn't anything to do with LCGBs server then ? :?
johnnyXS

Postby Eden » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:32 pm

no,

if you point to my servers ip 207.58.134.40 you get the same standard error page, all the sites on my sever are all up and running fine, its how the internet works.... if you want to understand do a search for DNS ;)
Eden

Postby HxPaul » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:00 pm

On Tuesday July 5th at 7.27pm on the "running slow" thread I wrote.
"site is running very slow again.It only seems to effect this site,all the other sites I visit are running at the normal speed" - Its still running very slow.
HxPaul

Re: Page refresh rate slow again !22-07-16

Postby johnnyXS » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:59 am

why is this the only forum on the internet that has a 15 -20 second page refresh rate ?
Someone with some computer savvy needs to resolve this long standing problem :roll:
johnnyXS

Re: Page refresh rate still chronically slow !25-07-16

Postby johnnyXS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:26 am

it would be helpful to have some sort of acknowledgement and response from the webmaster at some point ;)

Is this an ongoing problem that cannot be fixed ? do we have any idea why it only seems to effect some members and not others ? ;) ;)

I think I'm going to join the conspiracy theorists :lol: :lol:
johnnyXS

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:50 am

Like most of us who find this site slow; I go straight to the Scooterotica site to establish that it's not me or my Broadband, whichever part of the country I am in at the time and yes you guessed it: it's only our site that is struggling along.

I appreciate that people who run this site will have more pressing demands on their time but please just acknowledge our concerns so we can all be assured that somebody up there is aware.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby Toot » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:05 am

Yes the Forum Mods are aware, but it is sporadic so hard to establish what exactly is going on.

I'm on the forum this morning and it's working as quickly as I would expect it to?
Toot

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:31 am

That's the problem. One minute like a tortoise, next minute like a hare !
I just responded to this page very quickly.

Thanks for the response. Appreciated.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby johnnyXS » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:38 am

well its 9.30am and it just took me 23 seconds to reach this page from my email notification.!.

I think if someone had acknowledged that it was a problem and that something was being done about it back when I first posted 3 weeks ago , members might be a little more patient and a little less frustrated .

I find it hard to understand how every other forum I visit many time daily never suffer with this problem.!

I also struggle to understand why it seems to be just a few members that seem to be effected by this. Presumably that is why nothing appears to have been done about the problem

I just hope that posts are now being regularly backed up at least
Last edited by johnnyXS on Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnyXS

Postby robd » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:22 am

The server is backed up nightly.

I have experienced no performance issues accessing the site through IE & FireFox on PC, from an iPad or iPhone from both fibre broadband or 4G.

Although according to this thread other users have experienced occasional performance issues, the common thread is JohnnyXS and ChrisInMargate. Do you reboot your PC regularly or do you just put it to sleep? Have you tried accessing the site with an alternative browser? Do you have a firewall configured locally on your PC? Are you trying to access the site through a work network or from home? When was the last time you restarted your wireless router?

Unfortunately the list of questions I could ask you is virtually endless. If there's a consistent issue that can be replicated then there's a chance it can be fixed. If it's a handful of users and the issue is sporadic then it's difficult to say if the issue is with the server or your connection / hardware.
robd
Site Admin

Postby johnnyXS » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:28 pm

robd wrote:The server is backed up nightly.

I have experienced no performance issues accessing the site through IE & FireFox on PC, from an iPad or iPhone from both fibre broadband or 4G.

Although according to this thread other users have experienced occasional performance issues, the common thread is JohnnyXS and ChrisInMargate. Do you reboot your PC regularly or do you just put it to sleep? Have you tried accessing the site with an alternative browser? Do you have a firewall configured locally on your PC? Are you trying to access the site through a work network or from home? When was the last time you restarted your wireless router?

Unfortunately the list of questions I could ask you is virtually endless. If there's a consistent issue that can be replicated then there's a chance it can be fixed. If it's a handful of users and the issue is sporadic then it's difficult to say if the issue is with the server or your connection / hardware.

I think you need to read the thread properly robd ;)

if you had you'd have appreciated that this problem only ever occurs with this particular site
No other site that I or the other sufferers visit gives any problems whatsoever .
Therefore I cannot see how it can be something wrong with our routers or PCs can it ! ;)
Glad to hear that you do not suffer any performance issues though ;)
johnnyXS

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Perhaps the new solid state server disc which is 8x faster will solve all the issues, only time will tell but it is certainly up to full speed at the moment.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:20 am

To Admin: Ex Broadband and IT Manager so doing all the right housekeeping.
It's not life or death but it is frustrating. Some of the LCGB committee members also have recorded their frustrations.
I know it's not easy; it's like an intermittent misfire !
I do appreciate your efforts and above all I appreciate your comms. Keep up the often hard and unpaid work.
Chris
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby johnnyXS » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:41 am

yes I ditto Chris's comments .
Its all too easy to become frustrated and irritable especially when there is either no information and acknowledgment of a problem.... and to lose sight of the fact that keeping this site maintained and up and running for us is probably an unpaid and thankless task . I doubt any of us really appreciate how much work is involved .

Nevertheless saying that, it is always the best policy in my opinion to acknowledge that a problem exists and keep folk advised that something is being done to rectify the issue instead of just waiting weeks and months and then attacking those that raised the issue and blaming them for the problem when it clearly isn't them that is causing the issue.

When people are told the truth and kept informed, you'll rarely find that they will not be patient, understanding and supportive . :)
johnnyXS

Previous

Return to Forum Help