LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Choke cable

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Choke cable

Postby Samz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Can anyone tell where I can get a choke cable for a 22mm dellorto (scootopia copy) that will actually fit?
I’ve bought 2 now, neither of which fitted without modifying. 1st one the carb end nipple needed filing to fit, the 2nd one both ends needed filing! Both only lasted a short time before one or the other ends came off, obviously weakened by being filed.
How is it “dealers” can sell stuff that simply isn’t fit for purpose? :oops: Seemingly if the correct fitting cables can’t be bought I have to resort to f*cking about soldering a blob on the end of the cable and filing it down AGAIN, hopefully making a better job of it than the manufacturer.
Surely in 2018 it is not to much to expect quality parts that fit correctly?

Anyone sell quality cables?
Samz

Re: Choke cable

Postby Toddy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:07 am

Try Martin Leach on here (Knowledge) he makes his own and good quality
Toddy

Postby Knowledge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi, Martin Leech here.

I share your frustration about choke cables. Somewhere back in history someone made a choke cable that didn't fit, and every manufacturer copied it. Bonkers.

I know there are awkward combinations of choke levers, plunger, adjusters and elbows which all affect the fit of the cable, but surely someone other than me has spotted that they don't fit, especially when the carb is on the TS1 side. I don't particularly enjoy making them and I will never get rich doing so, but if you want one, pm me. £5 delivered. I need to know colour and spec (carb make and model).
Knowledge

Postby Samz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Pm’d You Martin.
Samz

Return to Carburettors