LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

series 2 150cc problem.

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

series 2 150cc problem.

Postby pg42 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Engine rebuilt and is fitted with MA18 carb. Runs fine without air intake fitted but stalls even with just the hose fitted (no filter fitted). Any ideas please folks.
pg42

Re: series 2 150cc problem.

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:31 pm

As I am always cynical of the standard bellows coping with even a moderately tuned engine, the first thing I would ask is if your engine is absolutely standard & as originally built.

If it is as OEM, then I'd suspect that your carburation is too rich. The body, slide & jets all wear & the consequence is that the fuel/air mixture becomes richer.

If the engine starts from cold with no choke, or it dies if the choke is left on (to cause a fast idle whilst warming up) then it could be that the MA18 needs rebuilding or changing, though I know that the float needle set up on the early carbs can cause richness on their own through allowing inaccurate metering.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Re: series 2 150cc problem.

Postby pg42 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks for that. I'll tear the carb back down.
pg42

Return to Carburettors