LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Mikuni TMX30 cable adjusters

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Mikuni TMX30 cable adjusters

Postby bike grim » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:51 pm

I’m using the above carb on a Quattrini which is running great but the adjuster for the throttle and choke cables are very narrow (6mm I think) and I don’t seem to be able to find anything big enough to fit a normal lambretta cable on line. Anyone recommend anything that will fit?
bike grim

Re: Mikuni TMX30 cable adjusters

Postby Norrie Bodge » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:22 pm

bike grim wrote:I’m using the above carb on a Quattrini which is running great but the adjuster for the throttle and choke cables are very narrow (6mm I think) and I don’t seem to be able to find anything big enough to fit a normal lambretta cable on line. Anyone recommend anything that will fit?

Look here m8 - http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/shop/
Norrie Bodge

Postby Solid Air » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:12 pm

BG let me know if you don't have any luck tomorrow finding the right one.

I have a spare thin one with 6.0mm ID for cable or I could swap with the one on my PWK which has ID for cable of about 7.5mm, failing that Solid Air is on the dyno tomorrow night and I can see if my mate has one knocking about his workshop.

Just send me a message

Mark
Solid Air

Postby bike grim » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks for the help. I’d already looked at Allen’s but note it’s difficult using their descriptions to decide which is the correct type. I’ll give them a call.
Last edited by bike grim on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bike grim

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 am

If you can identify the thread (M5 x 0.8 is common, but so is M6 x 0.75) then that will narrow the search.

There are a lot of components from bikes that will fit anything on a Lambretta or even, if desperate, there are cable adjusters on V*spas these days. When did they stop using rods, I wonder..... :?

Dell'Orto adjusters fit PWK etc & they have the advantage of a very good rubber boot.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Carburettors