LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

30mm dellorto throttle cable routing

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

30mm dellorto throttle cable routing

Postby Granty » Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Replaced a standard carb / airbox set up with 30mm dellorto. I need to replace the throttle cable with an extra long one, I've taken out the airbox, what's the best route to run the new throttle cable so it comes into the carb from the "choke" side? Thanks G
Granty

Re: 30mm dellorto throttle cable routing

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu May 23, 2019 12:28 pm

Traditionally, an extra long cable of a small gauge, going down the RH underside of the legshields. Where it exits near the choke control, loop it over the top to the carb. Alternatively, an elbow similar to the choke cable elbow will work & be neat & compact & allow a carb inlet elbow & filter to be used.

Save yourself a packet by buying the stainless inner/outer from a cycle spares merchant. Tandem cables are superb ;)

Similarly, any cable fittings are available from 'ped merchants for far less than 'Lambretta merchant' money :)

(I always use the gear change pulley for 30+ mm carbs & add a 'Serveta' type spring to the throttle rod to help self closing. It doesn't have to be a specific torsion spring on the rod as any tension spring that fits the rod snugly can be adapted to do the same job. One end is clamped via the rose joint clamps, the other end goes into the eye of a split pin fitted the spring length or so away to snap the pulley shut. The headset may need clearance for a bigger pulley but a stop can be created by adding an M5 screw & nyloc nut through the unused pulley cable hole)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu May 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Traditionally, an extra long cable of a small gauge, going down the RH underside of the legshields. Where it exits near the choke control, loop it over the top to the carb. Alternatively, an elbow similar to the choke cable elbow will work & be neat & compact & allow a carb inlet elbow & filter to be used.

Save yourself a packet by buying the stainless inner/outer from a cycle spares merchant. Tandem cables are superb ;)

Similarly, any cable fittings are available from 'ped merchants for far less than 'Lambretta merchant' money :)

(I always use the gear change pulley for 30+ mm carbs & add a 'Serveta' type spring to the throttle rod to help self closing. It doesn't have to be a specific torsion spring on the rod as any tension spring that fits the rod snugly can be adapted to do the same job. One end is clamped via the rose joint clamps, the other end goes into the eye of a split pin fitted the spring length or so away to snap the pulley shut. The headset may need clearance for a bigger pulley but a stop can be created by adding an M5 screw & nyloc nut through the unused pulley cable hole)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Granty » Fri May 24, 2019 9:07 am

Easier job than I thought. Thanks for the help - G
Granty

Return to Carburettors