LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Solid mount carb adaptor

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Solid mount carb adaptor

Postby Thackers » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi guys, im thinking of a reed block conversion to my mugello 225. The carb i have now is a solid mount Dellorto and the LTH comes with a rubber mount .I want to keep the cost down so don't really want to buy a new rubber mount carb, so my question is does an adaptor exist to enable the cross over? Thanks .
Dave.
Thackers

Re: Solid mount carb adaptor

Postby Knowledge » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 am

Hi Dave.

I am not aware of such an adaptor, but I could see that one could be machined-up to suit. My concern would be that the inlet tract would be so long that the panel would not fit and there would be a lot of leverage on the rubber mount with an elongated inlet. This can strain the rubber mount (rubber mounts on Lambrettas get a hard life, when compared to motorbikes, as the scooter engine moves with the suspension).

What carb/size is it? It is not uncommon for people to have old carb bodies lying around (an empty body has little value - it is the brass bits, floats, slides and carb-tops which make it worth anything).

If you could get hold of an empty rubber-mount body, you could transfer all the components from your solid-mount carb into it, and save a heap of cash.

Martin
Knowledge

Re: Solid mount carb adaptor

Postby Thackers » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Martin, thanks for your reply, some good pointers to consider. I have thought along the lines of a metal tube cut to the correct length that would fit into the carb then push into the rubber mount of the reed block. Perhaps with a groove into it to assist location and prevent seperation. What would be your thoughts on this?
As for panel clearance this shouldnt be an issue as i have cut down panels.
Thanks again.
Dave.
Thackers

Return to Carburettors