LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Choke problem & petrol smell

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Re: Choke problem & petrol smell

Postby superhooper » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:05 pm

With my newly retained information I also hope to never visit this topic again. Anyway I have moved on to a new problem, oil being pushed outta the breather nut. I feel a headache coming on :lol:
Super
superhooper

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:21 pm

superhooper wrote:With my newly retained information I also hope to never visit this topic again. Anyway I have moved on to a new problem, oil being pushed outta the breather nut. I feel a headache coming on :lol:
Super

Is it a stainless steel breather by any chance?
Storkfoot

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:51 pm

superhooper wrote:With my newly retained information I also hope to never visit this topic again. Anyway I have moved on to a new problem, oil being pushed outta the breather nut. I feel a headache coming on :lol:
Super

If the breather is dismantlable, pack it with some wire wool. Otherwise, some tubing shrunk on (via boiling water) to the dome will act as a catch tank, again with wire wool @ the top to stop muck getting in. Or buy the samr thing @ exorbitant prices & go 10 mph faster.....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby superhooper » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Storkfoot wrote:
Super

Is it a stainless steel breather by any chance?

Don,t think so mate
superhooper

Postby superhooper » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:
Super

If the breather is dismantlable, pack it with some wire wool. Otherwise, some tubing shrunk on (via boiling water) to the dome will act as a catch tank, again with wire wool @ the top to stop muck getting in. Or buy the samr thing @ exorbitant prices & go 10 mph faster.....

I will use your advice. Thank you
superhooper

Previous

Return to Carburettors