LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Dellorto 11752

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Dellorto 11752

Postby gunnerdaz » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:21 am

Does anybody know the size screw needed for the Dellorto 11752 it’s the carb assembly screw. I lost mine and everywhere has a minimum order. Hoping I can get one on EBay etc

Thanks Daz
gunnerdaz

Re: Dellorto 11752

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:20 pm

If it is the countersunk screw that retains the choke mechanism to the main body, then it is common across a lot of the Dell'Orto product range.

If I am correct, it is an M4 (x 0.7) & not anything uniquely made to suit. Unless you need one precisely as OEM fitted for Concours, the best replacements are stainless socket countersunk screws as they look better & are far better to tighten/loosen with the hexagon key. If slotted head is a must (for some reason :roll: ) then I think the earlier version ia nicer, as it was a "raised head slotted countersunk screw" similar (but not M6) to the screws that should be retaining the handlebar RH lever housing.

Always fit the longest that is possible to ensure full thread engagement, cutting longer screws down if necessary as the carburettor body is soft metal, being a zinc based alloy.

I hope that helps. If I am correct & you still struggle, I have spares. Finding them might be a problem, but I'll post a couple if needs be :)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby gunnerdaz » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:29 pm

Great stuff. Found some on eBay
cheers
gunnerdaz

Postby hullygully » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:59 am

don't always use evilbay bud as your local bolt/screw/ironmonger can sort you out a slack hand full for a couple of quid or probs one for nowt :o
hullygully

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:38 pm

hullygully wrote:don't always use evilbay bud as your local bolt/screw/ironmonger can sort you out a slack hand full for a couple of quid or probs one for nowt :o

Not so much these days, I fear :( I was trying to get a seal/dust cover for an MSC hydraulic some years ago. I really only needed the dust cover as they tended to disintegrate.

The storeman just grabbed a load of seals & dust covers of various sizes & handed them to me......

As for the screw required, today I have to drill & tap for a stripped choke mechanism thread in a VHSB34LTD. Fortunately, it's opposite side to the mixture screw, so I can drill through then tap. The owner also needs a new needle & slide. He could have had a brand new PWK 34 plus all likely spares required for less money :roll:
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Carburettors