LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Jetex SH22 Float valve

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Jetex SH22 Float valve

Postby srx600 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:16 pm

I am trying to narrow down some poor running issues and have the 22mm Jetex in parts. Using the info in Stickys manual I have checked the float valve is sealing correctly and am happy that is ok. Looking through posts on the Jetex the common consensus seems to be to use Dellorto jets in the Jetex and that the float valve on early Jetex's was too long.
My float valve is stamped Jetex and has a red tip, and it 18.3 mm in height, looking around at various sites the equivalent Dellorto needle valve is stated to be in 17.3mm long. Is this difference in height.

- Likely to be down to it being an earlier carb and having a too longer float valve ?
- Dellorto float valves cant be used in a Jetex ?

Does anyone know the correct height for a Float valve in a Jetex ?
srx600

Re: Jetex SH22 Float valve

Postby hullygully » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:51 am

when the float chamber is off
turn your fuel on, does it flow well?
push your float up gently, if it stops the fuel flow then its ok,
one tip is raem or slightly over drill out the float hole for the hinge pin, & of course Stickeys tip for getting more fuel in the float bowl by dremmeling out the chambers stiffeners 8-)
hullygully

Re: Jetex SH22 Float valve

Postby srx600 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:47 am

I think I have got to the bottom of my issues. The new choke lever mechanism I fitted a month or so ago, was not releasing properly. When turning the choke off, the internals of the choke lever were catching on the inside of the aluminium cable retainer and holding it on. Using the cable retainer from the original choke lever assembly seems to have solved it.
srx600

Return to Carburettors