LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

PHBL Hot Starting

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

PHBL Hot Starting

Postby Mag » Sat May 31, 2014 4:08 pm

I had an issue with bad starting when hot on my GP. As I am running a 25mm PHBL through an air hose and the air box it soon became obvious that it was a fuel build up in the bottom of the air hose.

I took a simple cable adjuster (5mm thread) and cut the top flush so it looked T shape in profile, drilled a 5mm hole in the bottom of the hose poked the adjuster through the hole with the treads on the outside. With a nut and washer just nipped on and then a length of overflow pipe like from a big carb wound onto the threads it looks like its meant to be there like in an Li.

Just been out and thrashed the bugger, left the fuel on when I switched it on and...started 1st kick!
Mag

Re: PHBL Hot Starting

Postby Eden » Sat May 31, 2014 4:13 pm

gis a pic then so we can decide if it looks like its meant to be there :lol:

Nice fix :)
Eden

Re: PHBL Hot Starting

Postby Mag » Sat May 31, 2014 4:27 pm

As you may see, I already had 2 pipes for the carb overflows, so this just sits in the middle

Mag

Return to Carburettors