LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Standard series 2 150-175 conversion.

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Standard series 2 150-175 conversion.

Postby kevspeed » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi all,a mate has blown the top end on his series 2 150cc,the barrel was quite badly scored and has had to be taken out to 62mm before the marks dissapeared.
We have sourced a 175cc cylinder head and a 62mm conversion piston,but i am now a bit in the dark regarding jetting the standard MA19 carb (which he is adamant he wants to keep).
Having done a few 175 conversions before,the main work is a peice of cake,but ive never had to use a series 2 carb on one.
Anybody out there running a similar set up?
I have a fair selection of pilot and main jets for these model carbs,but slides and needles are a bit thin on the ground.
Any jetting suggestions greatfully received 8-)
kevspeed

Re: Standard series 2 150-175 conversion.

Postby spanner rash » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:54 am

Hi, I'd be interested to know if it did work out in the end? I've found myself in a similar situation with my S2 150. Top end is shot and needs re-bore but I have a 175 barrel and piston already so am hoping to save some pennies just to get running again with minimum cost rather than change carb/ exhaust etc. Or is it just wishful thinking? Cheers, Will
spanner rash

Re: Standard series 2 150-175 conversion.

Postby kevspeed » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:05 pm

It ended up with him relenting,and buying a used 22mm Jetex off a mate,it works fine,and he seems happy enough,but still running in as he can only manage about an hour a week at the moment :roll:
kevspeed

Return to Carburettors