LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Cable choke

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Cable choke

Postby jonno » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:21 am

Are the cable operate chokes on phbh and vhsb carbs interchangeable? Looking at the dellorto site they look slightly different and are a different price.
jonno

Re: Cable choke

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:45 pm

The PHBH choke components differ in so much as the plate that secures it to the carb body has a triangular 'footprint' whereas the VHSA/B/C type have a more compact 'footprint'

All the functioning bits are the same & I have a feeling that the latter type might even fit the PHBH.

Give me a couple of hours & I'l check my 'stock' & verify...
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:36 pm

They are interchangeable having the same fixing hole/plunger hole centre distance.

It's just that the correct 'type for type' looks better.

However, if 'gash' is your thing (not saying it is!) then 'swap away', as they say in the Fens....allegedly.

Seriously, the PHBH 'triangular' type might be the default choice (if only one type available) as it can be cut to look better if using on the VHBA/B/C
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby jonno » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:38 pm

Ive fitted the phbh and seems ok looks dont bother me as the choke on the vhsb is round the back.It seems to pull clear of the choke inlet.But another opinion is welcome.
jonno

Return to Carburettors