LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Dellorto Floats

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Dellorto Floats

Postby Jim Rose » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 am

I'm just putting my Targa back together. Decided to check the floats because I had a problem with them leaking whilst in Italy and they were replaced with new. Both new floats were full of fuel and the engine had only done 1000 miles (give or take).
There was something on facebook about a batch of defective floats and if you've had a new Dellorto carb in the last year or so I suggest you keep an eye on it. I've swapped my white floats for black ones.
Jim Rose

Re: Dellorto Floats

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:32 am

Reason why my buddy kept breaking down on way to Shipston. We limped there with several bodges and then bought new ones from Robbo which are marked up with a green dot.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Re: Dellorto Floats

Postby Jim Rose » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm

One point to add, the new floats had not had any UK fuel, ie less ethanol. The green dot ones were bought out by Dellorto to show they were the new improved version.
Jim Rose

Return to Carburettors