LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

BGM mesh filter with SH2/22 on SIL 200

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

BGM mesh filter with SH2/22 on SIL 200

Postby Steve J » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 am

I've fitted one of these filters into an airbox which has been previously modified along the lines of the BGM airbox (i.e. maximum diameter inlet pipe, swan neck removed and no extra holes added to the airbox). I'm using a 200 stage 4 barrel & AF Clubman with an original SH2/22 at the moment, and I'm looking for a starting point for the main jet size. I was previously using a 125 main jet with a standard filter in the airbox, but I'm sure the mesh filter passes a lot more air, if induction noise is anything to go by. Looking at the SIL 200 'bang for buck' articles in Scootering, the main jet size went up alarmingly when a remote filter was fitted, so I'm guessing the BGM setup is somewhere between the two. Any advice/experience will be much appreciated - I don't really want to buy every main jet size between 125 and 170!
Steve J

Re: BGM mesh filter with SH2/22 on SIL 200

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:19 am

I’d just go up 4points higher on main and then take ur plug readings too fine tune it
ULC Soulagent

Postby Steve J » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:05 pm

OK, I'll give that a go, thanks - I'll probably start with a 130 jet, I'm sure I've got one somewhere.
I just wondered if anyone had experience of jetting with this particular air filter, as they've been around for a good few years.
Steve J

Postby Steve J » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 am

Well, I tried the 130 main jet - the engine isn't yet run-in, and it started to nip up after a few miles......
Back to the standard air filter for a while, then. :roll:
Steve J

Return to Carburettors