LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

VHSH Carb, want a bit of knowledge

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

VHSH Carb, want a bit of knowledge

Postby Paulnobodyimportant » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm

I’m OK with the PHBH carb in knowing atomisers, needles, rich to weak and the best combinations. However, I also have a VHSH carb, that was dynod and jetted for my by a cart man. This was after I did the mods, such as drill out the half-moon to the inlet and put a 3.5 float valve in. However, the atomiser is a DQ264 and the needle is a K98, MJ 155 and 60 pilot and 60 choke in a TS1. Now looking at the forums, I never see a K98 needle. So, can anyone explain what are the best needle/atomisers to run in this carb from weak to rich needle.
Why I say all this is that the dyno had the initial clip position was 1.5 from the top. This was OK up to 5000rpm, then my CHT shot up to 650 centigrade and as it approached that dizzy figure, I blipped the throttle and rammed the thumb choke on. Eventually repeated this and did a plug chop which did show that it was lean. I’m now on clip 4, but the bottom end is rich and I’m still hitting 650 centigrade at 6000rpm.
I will take it back to the dyno chap, but the more knowledge I have, the better.
Also, what’s the difference between the A, B and H versions of this carb.
Paulnobodyimportant

Re: VHSH Carb, want a bit of knowledge

Postby Simon ELC » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm

I use a DQ266 with a K24 needle in mine. TS1 255
Simon ELC

Postby rossclark » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:23 pm

650C on CHT ? Did you mean F or is that EGT?
rossclark

Postby Paulnobodyimportant » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Sorry, yes was EGT hitting 650 C
Paulnobodyimportant

Return to Carburettors