LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Jetting advice required for TS1 with TMX30 & BGM V4

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Jetting advice required for TS1 with TMX30 & BGM V4

Postby bike grim » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 pm

I’m just having a play about as I’m putting together my New DSC Scotty iron lined TS1 230. The plan is for a low revving touring type ride so I’m going to try a BGM v4 clubman. I can use the 30mm PHBH I’ve been using already on my current TS1 (along with a s/tourer) but fancied trying a TMX30 with powerjet which I have already.

I know there is the odd thread by people using the TMX30 on here and I will use those a guide but wondered if anybody had already tried the TMX30/ BGM pipe combination. Is it good/bad, what jetting did you settle at?

Thanks
Gareth
bike grim

Re: Jetting advice required for TS1 with TMX30 & BGM V4

Postby LuiLui » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Not sure if this helps much as it’s a race tour tune https://blog.scooter-center.com/en/exhaust-test-lambretta-bgm-pro-clubman-on-ts1-part-2/

I was thinking of putting one on my TS1 as well but decided to stay ‘as is’ but will stick one on wife’s.

I did a bit of search one night and wrote some set ups down. I found a post somewhere (maybe scooterotica) where someone had TS1 and BGM.

It was 260 main, 60 power jet and 22.5 pilot.

Got to say though there was a lot of difference on other TS1 pipe combos PJ from 40-80, main 260-280 and pilot 17.5-35 :?

Cheers
Mark
LuiLui

Re: Jetting advice required for TS1 with TMX30 & BGM V4

Postby bike grim » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks Mark
I’d not seen that scooter centre page before. Very useful. I know what you mean about the various jetting set ups posted though as my own search revealed the same. Only one way to find out.....
bike grim

Return to Carburettors